Extra 8 - The Early Morning

(Sunlight is beaming in through the window. It's somewhat irritating my eyes, but I guess that's one of the disadvantages of just waking up. At least I slept well, but... I'm not sure if I can say the same for Meow Skulls. She doesn't sound happy to be awake. It is kinda weird, though. Usually I'm the early bird, waking up before her. Is something going on?)

As Y/N begins to wake up, they couldn't help but notice Meow Skulls beginning to wake up as well. It was strange to them, knowing that she likes to sleep in late. Along with the groaning sounds she's making as she begins to sit up, they knew someone was wrong. She then notices Y/N is awake, so she tries to start up a very exhausted conversation, asking;

"Oh uh, g'morning, Y/N. You sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did. Kinda sounds like you didn't, though. Are you alright?" Asks Y/N.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had trouble sleeping, that's all." Replies Meow Skulls, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh... you weren't getting those thoughts again last night, were you?" Asks Y/N, starting to sound concerned.

"No, it wasn't that. It was just hard for me to sleep, I guess." Replies Meow Skulls.

"It's... kinda hard to explain. It's like one of those nights where you keep waking up and fallin' asleep repeatedly. You don't even know if you've slept at all or not. You know what I mean?"

"Oh yeah, definitely. I'm pretty sure we've all had those nights before. They just suck." Says Y/N.

"I know, right? They're just so dumb! I kept tossin', turnin', all that shit. Oh, and I also had to worry about waking you up, so that was just peachy. But I didn't wake you up, right?" Asks Meow Skulls.

"No, you didn't. But I'm kinda wishing you did. I could've tried to help you sleep." Replies Y/N.

"Uh-huh, sure. And wake you up after that long day you had yesterday? Yeah, no." Says Meow Skulls.

"But it's cool, Y/N, it is. It's just... I don't even know. I guess some good rest would've been nice."

As Y/N smiles at the fact that Meow Skulls thought of their well-rested sleep during her predicament, they still can't help but feel bad for her. With that, they ask;

"Are you wanting to get up yet? Or maybe you want to try getting some sleep still?"

"Nah, I'm too tired to start today yet. And I'm so tired of trying to sleep too, as stupid as that sounds. I don't know, I just wanna chill for a few, y'know?" Replies Meow Skulls.

"I'm good with that. Maybe we can hold each other for a bit, then? I think that will at least make you feel more comfortable." Says Y/N.

"Heh, guess you read my mind, huh? Lemme just... ah, there we go." Says Meow Skulls after moving closer beside Y/N.

Now beside Y/N, Meow Skulls begins to bury herself in their chest, wanting some comforting warmth. As she does this, Y/N starts scratching her back when they figured that she would want some after the long night she had. Now feeling a lot more comfortable than before, Meow Skulls says;

"You're so warm, you know that?... I love it."

"Am I really? I thought you would be warmer. Mostly because of, well, all of the fur on you." Says Y/N.

"I mean, I guess, but I just... I don't know. You just feel nice. You're just so soft, comfortable, what's not to love?" Says Meow Skulls, yawning mid-sentence.

"But look at you! With all this hair, you're basically a walking pillow. If anything, you're the cozy one here." Says Y/N, starting to shift from scratching to softly rubbing her back.