Author's note

Hey, Lilies! 

To all those who are confused about what or who Pacio is, Pacio is a celestial event that binds the fate of two moons (Protector wolves) for eternity, for them to create more powerful protector offspring. Protectors are different from usual werewolves. They not only possess more strength as compared to the wolves, but also different powers. These powers are separated according to their packs. Such as the pack of Leocarriers possess the power of fire and teleportation, and the pack of Tialisors possess the powers of water and telepathy. Similarly, these are all divided into different factions as per their power and any two from separate packs are fated together by the celestial event, "Pacio". Please note that this celestial event is fictional and is created by me. It does not exist in real life like a lunar eclipse or solar eclipse. 

A thousand years ago, when the wolves and vampires called a truce after long ages of war, it facilitated the sowing and reaping of hybrids within the packs and clans. Hybrids preexisted alongside wolves until they were feared by the human faction. Vampires were one thing but hybrids had less control over their hunger as compared to them. Hence, the vampires and werewolves came to debate, leading to the conclusion that hybrids be imprisoned to learn control as the kind began imprisoning and controlling their own offspring.

Within one of the packs of Illictus, ruled an honourable and firm emperor. His daughter, a brave and sensitive wolf at the same time, took pity on one of the hybrids mistreated by her father and fell for him with time. Little did she know how he played a jest falling for her too. Her father caught on and married her to another wolf, a Leocarrier and did his best to keep her away from the hybrid but in the end, they met and mated against the law, resulting in her giving birth to a hybrid she gave up so that the baby's father could take her in. She also had a wolf with her suitor later who ended up encountering the hybrid daughter the mother didn't know. Soon, the hybrid grew closer to the wolf but that didn't last long when the hybrid killed the she-wolf, her own mother, forgetting why she did it. The little wolf had no other option but to go to the shamans. The shamans placed a spell on all thousand-year-old packs that would help them protect themselves. 

The Illictus she-wolf is none other than Calice, the first-ever wolf to become a protector. Seeking revenge, she finds the hybrid, who goes by the name Julia and sires her to herself, not letting the hybrid kill herself either, ensuring an eternity of torment in her worthless life. 

The story has a few points readers might want to remember:

1. Protectors and hybrids are the only wolves who can sire beings to themselves.

2. Siring in the story doesn't work by turning others into wolves but by making them ingest the protector's blood through food, water or even syringes.

3. Protectors can't be killed, (Almost like original vampires). They can only be cursed, to suffer for eternity. They can be turned into wolves without powers to the most.

4. Hybrids can not only be bred here but turned as well once the wolf that ingested their blood dies. (Note: The wolf has to be a descendant, not a protector). They have two personalities here. One is where they dwell on their past with sorrow and the other is where they don't care about it. (We shall see Julia do the same in between the story).

5. Vampires can be bred within the story and created as well. The sire bond won't count as they have to die to turn. Death doesn't create a sire as a vampire is devoid of a physical soul.

6. Calice's blood is unique as compared to other protectors. If a descendant from her pack consumes her blood, they gain her power for a fixed time period and are immune to her magic. If a vampire consumes her blood, they immediately melt.