Chapter 17

Chaeyoung couldn't concentrate much on her work, spending the rest of the hours thinking of going home. What would she even do at home? Probably anything that would stop her from thinking of what just happened at Jungkook's place since her workload wasn't doing it for her.

They had almost kissed.

She held her breath every time she thought of how Jungkook's eyes were glued to her lips, forcing herself to rid that image off her damn mind because that wasn't even the first time that he did something like that. She couldn't even explain what was so different about that moment with the other times.

The harder she tried not to think of Jungkook, the more often he invaded her mind. As soon as she arrived home, Chaeyoung took a warm shower in an attempt to calm herself down from the stupid way her body and mind were responding to him. The accidental glance her eyes made toward the tent in his pants made it worse for her because not only the image was etched into the crevices of her mind, but she had subconsciously pictured what was hidden beneath the fabric.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Park Chaeyoung," she grunted to herself as she was drying her hair.

How was she supposed to face him after this? Would he still want to get lunch with her tomorrow? Would she want to have lunch with him after that incident? She pushed her face into the pillow to muffle her scream at how she was thinking of his warm hold on her when she fell on him, how hard his shoulder muscles were under her touch.

This was bad.

This wasn't supposed to happen to her.

She grabbed her phone without thinking about what she actually wanted to do. Did she want to call him? Text him? What would she even talk about? Her inability to think of anything else but that incident for hours? Even at 1am? Why was she even acting like back when she was in high school?

Chaeyoung groaned, going into the chats and stared at his name for minutes, not knowing what to do and not having the courage to do something, even though she doubted that this was necessary. What she should be doing right now was to sleep, because she still needed to go to work the next morning.

Just as she was about to press on the back button, the word 'online' popped up under Jungkook's name and her eyes widened when she saw that he was typing. Her heart raced as she waited for his text to appear, the word 'typing...' came and went a couple times and Chaeyoung thought her heart would fail her if she kept staring. She tossed the phone to the side and hid herself under the cover, finally falling asleep after another hour of attempting to forget about him.

*

Jungkook heaved a sigh, putting aside his phone after multiple times of typing and erasing his message, eventually not sending anything at all to her. He didn't even know what he actually wanted to say to her. Did he want to apologize for tossing her like a doll earlier? He was certain that she was surprised and probably upset about it.

He was also thinking of canceling their daily lunch date. He didn't think he could see her after what happened, but after having lunch with her every day for almost a week, that would have felt strange.

At the wee hour of 2am, Jungkook's mind reeled back to when it all happened and he felt like the worst person ever because all he had in his mind during that time were nothing but very inappropriate thoughts of her. It wasn't until he'd heard her left and after he'd showered to relieve himself that he could properly think of what had happened between them and the consequences of his actions if he'd went on with it.

He couldn't make that mistake, again. Never.

The next day, while he was trying his best to put his mind solely on his work, Jungkook's eyes kept glancing at the clock on the wall. When it was approaching her lunch break, he repeatedly checked his phone and walked near the front door, his eyes glancing at the monitor, not knowing whether he wanted to see her standing outside his door in the next few minutes or not.