Chapter Sixteen

"Ella, have you just come back?" Imelda asked in softly so as not to wake the other girls.

I turned to face Imelda, my heart still racing with excitement from my encounter with Sebastian. "Yeah, I just got back," I replied, trying to sound casual.

Imelda sat up in her bed, looking at me suspiciously. "So, where have you been? And why do you look like you just won the Quidditch World Cup? Also, you do know we have our Quidditch match tomorrow, right? You need your beauty sleep, girl!"

I couldn't help but laugh at her teasing tone. She was always quick to pick up on things and had a knack for teasing me mercilessly.

"I was just... out," I replied vaguely.

Imelda rolled her eyes. "Come on, Ella, you can tell me. Was it a secret rendezvous with Hunter?" she giggled saying Hunter's name.

I felt a pang of annoyance at the mention of Hunter who had been pursuing me relentlessly for weeks. "No, it wasn't Hunter," I replied firmly, trying to push him out of my mind.

Imelda raised an eyebrow, looking amused. "Ooh, spill the tea - where were you?"

I took a deep breath, deciding to confide in her. "I was with Sebastian. He asked me to meet him in the Music Room after curfew, and he told me that... well, he told me that he has feelings for me."

Imelda's eyes widened in surprise, and I could sense her genuine happiness for me. "Wow, Ella, that's amazing! I always suspected there was something between you two since last year, you guys were always running around the castle together. So, what was your response?"

I beamed, feeling a surge of joy spreading through me. "I told him that I felt the same way. In addition, he asked me to be his date for the Masquerade ball."

Imelda let out a squeal of excitement in a hushed whisper, clapping her hands together. "Oh, my Salazar, that's so romantic! I can't wait to hear all the details. But don't forget, you have a Quidditch match tomorrow morning. Don't let this distract you from your responsibilities as a Slytherin seeker." The other girls in the room were still sleeping, so she tried to keep her voice down.

I nodded, feeling grateful for Imelda's reminder. Quidditch was my passion, and I didn't want to let my personal life get in the way of my responsibilities as a seeker for the Slytherin team.

"You're right, Imelda. I won't let this affect the match or practice," I replied firmly.

Imelda grinned, looking proud of me. "That's the spirit. We have a big game coming up, and we need you in top form."

Suddenly, Imelda's expression turned mischievous. "So, what about Hunter? I know how he's been pursuing you pretty aggressively lately. There are girls in Hogwarts who are jealous about that.... What are you going to tell him?"

I let out a sigh, feeling slightly frustrated. Hunter's interest in me was becoming increasingly apparent, and his persistent pursuit was becoming harder to disregard.

"I don't know," I admitted, feeling a little overwhelmed. "I never lead him on and he just won't take no for an answer."

Imelda shook her head, her expression sympathetic. " Some guys just can't take a hint. But don't worry about him, Ella. You have Sebastian now, and he will definitely make it clear that you're his."

If only Imelda knew how possessive Sebastian could be when Hunter was around, even when we weren't even officially together yet. I nodded, grateful for Imelda's support. She was right - with Sebastian by my side, I didn't have to worry about anyone else. He was the only one I wanted to be with, and I knew that our love was strong enough to withstand any obstacle.