Backround

Y/N was alone, she had been for a while. She grew up in the Glades of Starling City, the broken part, where almost nothing good happens. Y/N never had the best parents, they were together yes, but at the same time seemed miles apart. They would constantly fight and her mom would abuse her from time to time when she had a bad day. What a horrible thing it was, taking anger out on your child. One day, when y/N was 5, her mother kicked her out of the house one day and told her to go for a walk. Afraid of punishment she complied and took a  couple of laps around the block.

When she came back, she was horrified at the sight. Her dad was laying on the floor, dead, with 2 bullet wounds in his chest and multiple stab wounds. She was frozen, she didn't know what to do, and she couldn't process what she saw in front of her. Out of nowhere, her mother came at her with a knife and all Y/N could do was just run. She had always been good at that, she ran away when her parents were fighting, ran away when her mother was abusing her. But this time was different. She was running for her life. She ran and ran, and ran as fast as she could while her mother was chasing her with a knife.

she came across a police car and shouted "Heeeeellllppp" shes trying to kill me. Everything went so fast, the cop took down and arrested her mom and Y/N was brought to a hospital where they told her what had happened. They told her that her mother was schizophrenic and she would be in jail for the rest of her life so she wouldn't have to worry about her anymore. Still, for a 5-year-old to go through that was devastating.

She got put into the foster care system with a random family for 1.5 years. She constantly got bullied by their 2 kids and had nightmares and flashbacks of what happened almost every night. This went on for her entire stay there  until the almost 7 year old Y/N just felt numb to everything and everyone, she couldn't keep going on like she was. But she promised herself after her dad died that she would keep living for him. So, she found the only thing that kept her going. Self Harm. It was nice, she could feel the pain she was feeling inside in a physical way when she would cut herself on her stomach so no one would know, it gave her peace of mind like everything was ok.

One day, one of her so-called "siblings" walked in on her harming herself and told their parents. The parents didn't react well at all, they were very religious and thought it was that of the devil to harm oneself. But what they didn't see, what no one saw, was just how much she was hurting, she was silently crying out for help, but no one noticed.

they immediately sent her back to the orphanage. Nothing changed, you still had nightmares almost every night and got bullied even worse. This went on for about 4 years, where at 11 years, she had just had enough of everything. she couldn't take being in the building anymore, so you planned to escape.