𝟐𝟏| 𝐀 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

"Call Seth."

I burst onto the top floor of the huge building that represents the chocolate factory and spoke to one of the guards outside the royal gates. Behind that door are at least fifteen members who are on the same level as Seth. Bounty hunters. Laboner has dozens of them in Vegas alone. If I only knew with what he was holding them in his hand I think he would be a hit, but considering that not everyone else are loyal, he probably isn't as good a leader as he thinks.

"A meeting."

I walked to the door and looked at the tall, unshaven Bill Rotter who was about to explode from rage when he saw me.

"You can't come here uninvited. How many times have I warned you?"

"It's an emergency."

He puffed and almost smiled.

"It's always urgent."

"Rotter! I know you could do this until tomorrow, but I only need a minute for this. Get Seth out of the damn meeting or I'll do it, and it won't be pretty."

At that moment, the door opened wide and I got a view of Seth's scar, as well as the back of the head of one of the board members.

"You already did. What's wrong, again?"

"Get your coat. I'm taking you out for a coffee."

Seth wanted to protest fiercely, recite all the rules and slam the door in her face, but she just turned her back on him and walked forward with a look over her shoulder that said anything but good. And judging by the text he received immediately after her arrival home, things could only go badly.

"What do you want Margo?"

The ravishing figure leaned across the table and looked him straight in the eye.

"I want to go to Salem again. I have unfinished and urgent business."

"The boss has assigned you the next task. You should go..."

He looked at the small calendar on the wooden table they were sitting at and then shook his head.

"...tomorrow. There's nothing I can do."

She thought a little about the documents she had picked up after returning from Salem to report to her superiors. Her next target was Vance Douglas, Laboner's former personal bounty hunter.

Margo thought as fast as she could and played the inexperience card.

"In all the years I've been in the business, I've never hunted a bounty hunter like him, Rock. I need help."

She admitted and she was almost sure she blushed like a tomato with embarrassment. She never asked for help. From no one. Especially not from Seth.

"I can tell Sofia to assign you an assistant . . ."

She placed a hand on top of his, which surprised them both, but Margo quickly composed herself.

"You know my secret. I want you to come with me. I can't finish this without you."

And as the wave of shame came again Margot folded her hands in her lap and stared at the tea in front of her.

"There is something important I remembered from talking to Kaitlyn."

"Margo this is...how did it even happen?"

Seth rubbed his eyelids with his thumb and forefinger and nervously stirred his coffee and milk.

"I don't know. I don't know who it is or how he knows me."

"I meant that you completely ignored her warning. It was so unimportant to you that . . ."

"This isn't the time for that! I'm not going to justify to you."

"You will have to. I discovered something and that something is important to you."