XVI

Archer's POV

I ran as fast as I could. I needed to find Lilith. What made her like this? What did she find out about my father's diary? "Lilith?!" I yell, my voice cracking a little. "LILITH?!" I searched more frantically for the albino. I tore through the halls, looking everywhere for the girl. Tears started streaming down my flushed cheeks, my breathing erratic. I ran down a hallway, only to find myself at the second floor girl's loo.

I walk in, my breath shaky and my heartbeat fast. It was quiet, not even the sound of Myrtle crying was heard. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, muttering quietly. *Open.* The sinks opened up slowly, revealing the long tunnel down into the Chamber. *Ssstairs?* I say, unsure if it would work. To my surprise and delight, stairs formed out of the walls, leading down. Tears continued to stain my cheeks as I walked down, my breath hitching every now and then.

As I walked, the sound of something large moving next to me caught my attention. Refusing to look, I heard something whisper. "The young child comesss down willingly? How intriguing." I heard the voice of the Basilisk say. I ignored it in favour for the large vault door with carving of snakes in front of me. *Open.* I say once again, watching through teary eyes as the vault door opened. I climbed in and saw the large, wet Chamber, and a boy sitting by a pool, a black book in his hands.

"Tom?" I ask, my voice trembling as I stepped into the large room. The boy looked up, his blue eyes piercing me. I walk up to him slowly as he stood up. "Ruby?" His velvet voice rang out, making all my thoughts of fear snap. I ran towards him, tears running down my face faster. I ran into him, holding him tightly. "What's wrong?" He asked, concern filling his voice. Tom held me as I cried, shushing me gently, petting my raven hair.

As he held me, my tears started to slow down, my breath slowing as well. "Ruby, what happened?" Tom whispered, making me feel safe, safer than I've ever felt. "Lilith. . . She. . ." I couldn't finish my sentence, as a new wave of tears poured out, sobs racking my body. Tom started shushing me again, holding me tighter. I could hear him tell me I was safe, that everything was going to be okay. I let him hold me as I drifted off to sleep, blackness taking over my mind.

No-one's POV

Harry paced around the classroom, Draco fiddling with his robes, and Hermione trying not to bounce her leg in worry. Eden was in a meeting with Dumbledore, the three friends worrying of the outcome. Draco looked at the black book on one of the desks, a sudden urge to write in it overcame him. He grabbed the book and a self-inking quill and started to write.

Hello?

Hello, Dragon.

There was a pause, Draco wondering what to say.

Is everything alright, Dragon?

Draco just sighed, closing the book. Just then, the classroom door opened, and Eden walked in, her face dark. "What happened?" Harry asked, stopping his pacing. "Dumbledore called me in to tell me that Lilith has taken herself out of our class. She has also requested to return to her normal year. She will no longer share a class with anyone here." She said solemnly. Hermione covered her mouth in shock, Draco went stiff, and Harry's eyes went wide. Lilith didn't want anything to do with them now.

Hermione ran up to the bedroom, only to find that the blue and silver bed was gone, leaving two green and black beds, a red and gold bed, and her own blue and gold bed. Everything that had belonged to Lilith was gone from the room, everything but a note from her notebook. Grabbing the note, Hermione rushed back to the classroom, seeing a perplexed Eden, and still Draco and a, once again, pacing Harry. "Everything that is hers, even the bed and desk, is all gone. . ." She told them, making all three of them look up at her. "All that was left was this." She added, holding out the note. Eden walked over and took it.

"I will not be coming back, I have too much to risk. The rest of the school is skeptical of what happened. No one will trust you. Archer, Harry, Draco, stay away from that book. Dark magick rests in it, and I will not come to help if you get hurt from it. Refrain from contacting me." Eden read aloud. "Did she sign it?" Draco asked, breaking the silence. "No, not even her initials." Eden told him, shaking her head. "She told the school, didn't she." Draco said, it wasn't even a question. Hermione shook her head. "No, no one needs telling, everyone knows that something is going on with our group, especially Archer and Harry." She said quietly.

Harry breathed in shakily, sitting down. Draco stood up and left, no one saw him taking the diary with him. "Has anyone seen Archer?" Harry asked, looking around. Archer walked into the classroom, looking tired and on the verge of tears. "Archer!" Harry said, running up to her. "What's wrong wee one?" Eden asked walking over to her daughter.

"They all hate me. . ." Archer said softly. "What do you mean?" Eden wrapped her arm around her daughter, face filled with concern. "The entire time I was walking back, everyone stopped to stare at me, whispering when I passed. . . Some would look at me with disgust, others with shame. . . I don't know why, what did I do wrong?" Archer cried. Eden and Harry held the crying child, and Hermione put her hand on her shoulder. Ginny walked in, looking quite distraught. "Are you alright? I heard people in the hall saying that you went down to the Chamber." She said, coming over to Archer.

"Attention all students, please return to your common rooms at once." McGonagall's voice rang out in the entire school. The door opened and Snape stood there, looking unimpressed. "Miss Weasley, please return to the common room." He drawled. Ginny nodded, going out of the classroom. "Miss Granger, you as well." Hermione looked shocked. "Sir, I stay here with Archer and Harry?" She told him, puzzled. "The headmaster said that these two will be staying here and having all classes with Eden, while the rest of the students will stay with their houses." He told her, his eye twitching.

Just then, Draco walked back into the room, rubbing his head. "Draco, go to the common room. The Slytherin common room." Snape told the blonde. Draco snapped his head up in shock. "Now!" He raised his voice slightly, scaring Hermione and Draco. The two ran out, Snape following them. The classroom door shut with a click, leaving the twins and Eden alone.

Harry stared at the door in shock, not being able to process what just happened. "We. . . We're alone. . ." Archer whispered.