Lost Crab

[Paintbrush's POV]

I was asleep, but someone rudely woke me. Well, it was important. Fan shook me awake to tell me he lost Baxter. He lost Baxter. How could he lose him!? After asking, he told me he just wandered off. So I went to check with other people staying in Hotel OJ. Everything I got was, "Oh, he went in this one cave, I'm pretty certain." So I'm pretty confident they were right. But why did nobody stop him? Did they just not care? Sometimes these people piss me off. Hold on, it was late as hell, how did they even notice?

Fan suggested we take Lightbulb... but the cave isn't necessarily within the show's parameters. Season two is still happening, and considering she doesnt have a room, shes not eliminated yet. "But Paintbrush, this is Baxter who's missing! we have to let her help!" Fan begged me to let her. I guess I kind of caved in. It is her crab... even if she gave him to me, she still must really care about him, I mean, this is Lightbulb we're talking about. I guess it's only right to let her. Fan also ended up insisting Test Tube came along. Guess extra company wouldn't hurt.

Let's just find the lost crab and get this over with.

____

[Fan's POV]

I felt terrible about losing Baxter. How did he manage to slip away like that!? Paintbrush seems upset at me, I hate it. Maybe it was a bad idea to try to take a crab for a walk. He pinched the leash off! Gotta admit, that was a smart move! I didn't tell Paintbrush about that, though. I think they're angry enough.

Paintbrush insisted that they would tell Lightbulb. They're doing that now; asking her to help. It took me a while to convince them to even let Lightbulb tag along. I've missed her, honestly. It'll be nice to go exploring some cave together, with Test Tube, too! At least, I hope I convinced Paintbrush to let her tag along. Sometimes I just can't tell. Sure, yeah, this is to find Baxter, but I'm sure we could stay a little longer afterwards, right?

I'm sure we'll have fun!

____

[Lightbulb's POV]

You'd never BELIVE what happened today! Me and the other four contestants stuck in this BOOORING wait for the next Inanimate Insanity episode, that hasn't happened in YEARS, were just chilling, you know, like we usually do while we wait, and PAINTBRUSH showed up! I haven't seen them in YEARS! ...because they got eliminated this season.

I was so happy to see them! But I was a bit confused. Then they told me Baxter was missing. Yeah, that part wasn't so fun. And the fact that season three already came along was also a bit disappointing. There was a fun part, though! Fan, Test Tube, AND Paintbrush were all going into some cave to look for him, and wanted ME to come along! That means I can hang out with them again! It's not even a challenge, too! Yeah, I'm really worried about Baxter, but you gotta see the good in the world, y'know? And the good is that I'm seeing them again!

I'm glad we get this chance!

____

[Test Tube's POV]

I heard a knock on my room door.

I haven't been in my lab for a while, I haven't been able to since season two of Inanimate Insanity is still happening. I couldn't do as many experiments as I wanted, I was in a hotel room. So, when I wasn't talking to people, I didn't really get as much entertainment as I desired.

But someone knocked just now! So I opened the door, and it was Fan who was knocking! So I greeted him, and, you know, the normal things you do when a good friend of yours comes knocking on your door. He told me that...

Baxter was missing. Well, that's not so fun.

"Golly, how'd he get lost?" I asked. "Uh... haha... funny story... I kind of tried to take him for a walk with a leash and he uh... snipped the leash off and ran away? I have no idea why the second part, honestly," this answer was... suprising. Why would Baxter run away? Well, Fan asked me to help him, Paintbrush and... Lightbulb! Fan said Lightbulb was coming along! I haven't seen her in... geez, how long has it even been?

Well, it'll be good to see her again!

____

[3rd person]

"Let's just find the lost crab and get this over with"

"I'm sure we'll have fun"

"I'm glad we get this chance"

"Well, It'll be good to see her again"

Their statements were ironic. What happens next none of them would expect.

Nor understand.