ᴍᴇɴs ʀɪᴀ

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 VI

✰✰✰

She ran.

She ran.

She stumbled.

She got up.

She ran.

The blonde dodged yet another debris of the pillars that fell upon her, as she took a series of breathless gasps. She barely landed on a more stable chunk of platform nearby, her heels making a loud thud in doing so. Her white dress was tattered and stained of crimson by the edges. She leaned her weight on her legs while bending down slightly, taking a gulp and taking a deep breath. Another figure soon followed after.

"______, are you alrig-" Her companion's sentence was interrupted as the blonde gasped and was glued to the small patch of grass she stood.

Ahead, rows upon rows of black and red cubes were drifting at a horrifyingly slow pace to the direction of the once mighty nation. Flickers of flames lit upon buildings were visible from the distance. Lands cracked and separated as they sank into the murky waters that swallowed them whole. "No.." Falling down to her knees, the girl's pupils shook to the point they were vibrating. Her cut, curled fists dug into her thighs. This.. Had to be a dream. A sick nightmare.

"...." The mechanism stood silently with her eyes on the scene ahead of her. She raised her head up to the scarlet sky, not a single piece of cloud or the stars lingering above. Instead, there was only a lone moon that shone ever so brightly, as though mocking humanity down below its perfectly round face. Her eyes drifted to the girl on the floor. "Come on, we have to get going."

Her companion did not raise her head or react to her words. She sighed softly and reached down, placing a gentle hand upon the female's sagged and pale shoulder. "______, we must-"

"What did they do..." Yet again, the mechanism was interrupted for who knows how many it had been so. "What did they do to deserve this??"

She was taken aback by the sudden raise in the traveler's usual gentle tone. Slowly raising her head up, two enraged golden suns gazed at two e/c stars. They observed each other's expressions for a while. The mechanism immediately discovered the new emotions upon the human's face. Anguish, devastation, resentment, and more. "What did they do?! How could the so called divine beings be so selfish?"

"Please calm down, we can't risk to act rash in such environmen-"

"My nation just fell! How am I supposed to.... I failed them." The traveler's head drooped back down. Her company stayed silent, but squatted down and cautiously patted her back. Even now, the said nation was endlessly sinking into the salty water. The mechanism looked back up to the moon with an unreadable frown. After what felt like hours, the blonde silenced her sobs and slowly stood back up on her feet once more. Her hair on the sides of her face veiled her expression.