4: Akutagawa's Day Off

Warnings: cursing
Word Count: 4k

Akutagawa had trouble sleeping. He always did whenever somethings outside of work was on his mind. He was still so confused and worried about what to do when you said you were planning on kissing him the next time you saw him. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he did buy a three pack of expensive mouthwash because he wondered what you would think of his breath if you were in close contact.

That night, he stared at the text messages between you both instead of sleeping. It got him smiling and even chuckling a little at the stupid jokes you would tell him. And you also sent him voice messages – it was his favorite thing about messaging. He could replay all of those voice messages you sent, laughing over some stupid shit and he'd relax, knowing you were happy and safe. He was so glad that you weren't involved with the Port Mafia or any of the other groups.

It wasn't that much later that he drifted off to sleep. And by the time he woke up, he felt way too tired still. He was glad he didn't have any dreams because he knew if he did, they would be messed up. Whether it was about his work, his past, or his social life, that would have ruined his day before it actually started.

When he got out of bed, he was glad that it was his day off, knowing he was just planning on chilling or maybe even going out for some errands. Gin was already in the living room, drinking a cup of tea and reading something on her laptop, when he got out of his room.

"Morning," He called out groggily, wiping his face with his hands a bit. She glanced to him and waved, not wanting to respond since she was taking a sip of her tea. He didn't mind though and sat down at one of the seats across the kitchen counter, putting his phone in front of him.

He unlocked it and instantly a flood of messages popped up. He groaned at the noise of all the texts and set his head down on his arms, laying slightly on the counter. When he picked it up to see the messages, he grunted at the top one, seeing it was Chuuya. He didn't want to work today, but if he had to then he would.

Did you leave the bag in my office? Akutagawa. Did you leave this in here? It's unmarked. Is this bag yours? My receptionist doesn't recognize it. The only people that can enter this office is you, Mori, Kouyou, and Higuchi. You aren't answering. AKUTAGAWA DID YOU LEAVE A BAG HERE?? You aren't responding. Delivered 12 minutes ago

"Shit!" Akutagawa instantly stood up, calling Chuuya's number. He felt a large level of fear pass through him. This has happened before, a few times, but lately it quieted down. Everyone knew what an unmarked bag meant in the Port Mafia building, and Akutagawa feared it was too late. He didn't place a bag in Chuuya's office, which would be dumb! He thought of Mori, why would Mori do that? And then Kouyou and Higuchi, it didn't make sense!

And then finally, Chuuya answered, "Hello?" His voice showed he was clearly tired as well and Akutagawa struggled to respond for a moment.

"What's going on? Is everything ok? The bag? What's happening? Who did this? What was it?" He rambled his questions out, and then took a huge breath in, waking up completely.

"Oh, that. Hah, it was just a test. Needed to check how fast you'd respond in an emergency situation." He paused momentarily and Akutagawa heard some shuffling on the other end of the phone, "Twelve minutes? Uh, it's okay, not good, but okay." He blabbered back and then yawned.

"Fuck." Akutagawa whispered; his face scrunched up in annoyance and his heart was still beating quickly. He coughed as the heavy feeling in his chest got a bit worse, and he sat back down before properly replying to Chuuya, "Why today? It's my day off." He didn't mean to backtalk Chuuya in anyway at the moment, but it was particularly frustrating.