The voices upstairs

🌃👻💀🏚️ It was a dark and stormy night, the kind of night that made you feel like something was watching you from the shadows. Emily had just moved into the old Victorian house on the edge of town, and she couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't alone.

🚛📦🔑 "Finally, I'm home," Emily said as she closed the front door behind her. She had just finished unpacking the last of her boxes and was ready to settle in for the night. But as she made her way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, she heard a strange noise coming from upstairs.

👂 "Hello?" Emily called out, her voice echoing through the empty house. There was no response, but she could feel eyes on her from somewhere in the darkness.

🔦🕵️‍♀️ Emily grabbed a flashlight and cautiously made her way up the creaky stairs. As she reached the top, she saw a shadowy figure disappear into one of the rooms at the end of the hall.

👻 "Who's there?" Emily called out, her voice shaking. But there was no answer. She slowly approached the room, her heart pounding in her chest.

🔑🚪 As she reached for the doorknob, she felt a cold breeze brush past her. The door creaked open on its own, revealing a dark, empty room. Emily hesitated for a moment before stepping inside, the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end.

💀👻 Suddenly, she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. She spun around, but there was no one there. The room was empty, and the door slammed shut behind her.

"Who's there?" Emily called out again, her voice trembling.

No response.

👻👻👻 Suddenly, Emily heard a ghostly whisper in her ear. "Get out," it said, sending chills down her spine.

🔦🕯️ Emily shone her flashlight around the room, looking for any signs of life. But all she could see were cobwebs and dust.

📱💬 Emily quickly took out her phone and texted her friend, "I think my house is haunted. I just heard a ghostly voice and felt a cold hand on my shoulder."

💬 "Are you sure it wasn't just your imagination?" her friend responded.

📱 "No, I'm positive. I think I need to call a paranormal investigator or something," Emily replied.

As she made her way back down the stairs, Emily couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't alone in the house. She knew that she had to do something before it was too late...