✩-Soft Melodies-✩

letting out a sigh of relief, you slipped off your shoes and tossed your bag onto a nearby bench, your coat along with it; just happy to be home after a long, gruesome day. the sound of soft strumming instantly relaxed you, knowing your boyfriend Miguel was just one room away.

you quietly tiptoed down the hallway, not wanting to interrupt the melody Mikey had been piecing together slowly but beautifully over the last few days.

you remained in the doorway for a moment taking in the sight of your beloved boyfriend smiling contently as he found the right chord, completely unaware of your presence. even in just an old pair of grey sweats and a black tank top, he looked simply radiant. his hair cascading over his eyes, his long brown hair shining in the sunlight, reminding you he truly was an angel sent to you from heaven.

"It's coming along nicely," you hummed, walking over to where Miguel sat, relaxed on your shared bed. "you're gonna be a rockstar one day, you know," he smirked, pulling you to sit close beside him.

 "yeah? you think so?"

you nodded your head in response as you leaned against Miguel's shoulder, finally feeling your body relax from his comforting touch. Miguel instinctively pressed a chaste kiss to your forehead causing a sigh to escape your lips. "play me something?" you practically begged, needing the distraction. "anything for you, my love."

Miguel knew you like the back of his hand. he could tell you had a rough day at work; the bags under your eyes telltale signs of a stress-filled day. but he also could tell you weren't ready to talk about it quite yet. so being the amazing boyfriend he was, he didn't press you on it and instead began plucking at the strings of the guitar in his lap to what you soon recognized to be the tune of your favorite song, something he'd secretly been practicing just for a moment like this.

as he peered down at you, he finally saw the soft smile he'd been missing adorn your face as you quietly hummed along to the music.

he continued playing random melodies for as long as his fingers could take, waiting until he noticed your eyelids had begun fluttering shut and your breathing had slowed before he stopped.

placing the guitar gently to the ground, Miguel pulled the duvet to cover both you and him as he mumbled a quiet "I love you", holding you close all night long. 

I'm so hungry ughhh 😩 Anyways how has your day been?