-chapter one.

Warnings: Strong language.

A/N - While the events may be the same, they may not follow the same timeline as in the show. Please remember this is all made up, some things may be different.

***

Charlie

My name is Charlotte Stilinski, but my friends and family call me Charlie. I live in a small town called Beacon Hills with my father and twin brother, Stiles. I used to live a normal, boring life. But that all changed when my brother's best friend Scott McCall got himself bitten by a werewolf. I know right? I used to think there was no such thing, too. I still remember the bedtime stories my mom would tell me and Stiles when we were kids. Before she died. Before our whole world was turned upside down. But that's a story for another time.

You see, Scott being turned into a werewolf wasn't our biggest problem. Scott being bitten only opened our eyes to just how blind we were to the supernatural world. Suddenly, our bedtime story monsters became our real life nightmares. We faced creatures none of us could even imagine existed. Homework and Lacrosse were no longer our biggest concerns.

And just when I thought things couldn't get any weirder, my best friend, Lydia Martin, turned out to be a real life banshee. Like an actual, real life, scream until your ears bleed, banshee! I know, crazy! My brother has been in love with Lydia for as long as I can remember. I mean, I can't blame him. She's beautiful, smart, brave, and a crazy loyal friend, even if she was kinda shallow at first. But, she soon dropped the act of ditzy, popular girl and started acting like the real Lydia after her boyfriend, Jackson, turned into a Kanima. I'll explain later.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. My story is a little different. Sure, there are monsters and nightmares and a shit load of stress. But my biggest issue turned out to be my own heart. The werewolf that turned Scott, an alpha named Peter Hale, had a nephew. Derek Hale. When I first met Derek, he scared the shit out of me. He wasn't what you'd call an approachable person. But, despite his cold, stone like exterior, I quickly discovered that Derek did have a heart. A beautiful, fiercely loyal heart. What I didn't know was that I'd be the one to capture it and eventually... break it.

And just when I thought I'd lost Derek forever, something changed again. Derek was forced to make a choice. And his choice was the last thing I ever expected..

This is my story. And it's time to tell it.

***

"Charlie! Come on! We're gonna be late!"

Letting out a loud groan, Charlie rolled over to look at the time on the clock on her nightstand. Peeling one eye open, her vision finally cleared enough to read the time. 8.13am.

"Shit!" Charlie hissed.

She threw the covers off her legs and launched herself out of bed, tripping over yesterday's clothing in the process. She stumbled over to the closet, pulling out a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a black tank top and a maroon oversized sweater. It was the quickest she'd gotten dressed in her life. Five minutes later, she hopped around the room, pulling on her shoes. The hammering on the door continued. Finally, she yanked the door open while she shoved her hair into a somewhat presentable ponytail.