Chapter 43

Toby's POV

I got home after school, tired. It had been a long day so I couldn't wait to just lie in bed for the rest of the day. But, my bubble was busted when I walked into the house.

"I can't believe you!" Donna shrieked. "You dirty, slime ball!" I heard a glass break.

"Donna, I'm sorry you found out this way-" Micheal started.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" she yelled. "I want you out of this house. All of your things. Everything!"

"Let's be rational. What about the kids?"

"What about them? You said Toby knew for 6 years!"

"What about Chelsea's baby?"

"Stop it. You didn't care about this family when you carried this on."

"Let's work it out."

"Work it out? I caught you with another woman in our house! I know you want to be with her!"

"I will start over, prove to you that I love you and only you."

"No. I want a divorce immediately!"

"Donna-"

"No, no more. I want all of your things out. I want you out!"

"Ok, fine." Micheal said as he walked out of the kitchen followed by Donna. She pushed him out of the house.

"You can get your stuff tomorrow when I'm not home. Don't ever come back. Not ever! Especially with that whore of yours!" she slammed the door red with anger. I coughed to let her know I was there. She looked at me startled.

"Toby." she said quietly.

"Donna, I'm sorr-" I started.

"No, I don't want it." she put up her hand. "You knew and never told me. You ruined my marriage and my family. I could have worked it out then, but not now." she walked away with tears down her face. I was stunned by her words. I went upstairs to my room to process what happened.

********

A few hours later I heard Chelsea's voice in the dining room. I went down and saw dinner was served. Everyone stopped talking when I came into the room. I took my seat and began to fill my plate.

"Can you please pass me the salt?" I asked Donna who kept her head down looking at her plate. I looked at Marc and Chelsea who looked at me and Donna. "Donna?" I said and she still didn't answer. Chelsea then followed suit with her mother. I looked confused at everyone. Marc looked at the both of them and then passed me the salt.

Dinner was quiet after that with no one speaking to anyone. I went up into my room and stayed there. If she didn't want to talk then neither did I. I wasn't sure if it was going to blow over or not. When I couldn't take the silence I texted Ethan that I was coming over. He said that was fine and I was out the door before anyone could stop me, not that they would even tell me not to.

******

I was sitting in Ethan's room watching a movie. I was so deep in thought I didn't know what the movie was about.

"Are you ok?" Ethan asked.

"Uh, I don't know." I said as I turned to look at him sitting on the bed.

"What happened?"

"Donna and Micheal are getting a divorce. And it's my fault." I said as I started to cry.

"How is it your fault that Michael had an affair?" he asked as he picked me up off the floor and sat me on the bed next to him.

"Because I've known since I was 10 and never told Donna." I cried.

"You were 10 and told not to tell." he said as he rubbed my back.

"But I should have." I said looking at him. "I've ruined my family, the only one I have. I'm a fuck up." I sobbed into his chest.

"No, no you're not." he said as he turned my face to him. "You're a Disney princess who is currently in the sad part of your film. It will be ok."

"Yeah, but all of those girls are saved by princes and you already came." I said whipping my eyes.

"Well, then you don't have to wait to be saved, my princess." he said as he laid down and had my head on his chest.

"Ok." I said as I cried myself to sleep.

*******

It was a week later and Donna still wasn't talking to me. Everyday I felt more and more guilty, but I just reminded myself of what Ethan told me. And Ethan made everything ok again. The more and more that I thought about it, Ethan saved me. Ethan has showed me things that I can't ever share. I was broken before and still am, but Ethan was always there. Ethan is my Nemo is this great big sea and if he ever got lost, I would find him. I can never repay him for what he has done for me. I don't even know if he knows how much he has helped me. I'm sure he knows he has, but I don't think he realizes that he has given me a reason to live.

*******

==================================================================

Another short chapter, but it's up. I don't think I will be able to post another chapter until maybe Monday. Oh, since this story will have to end, I will need to post another. I don't know what story I should post. So, here are a list of the stories I have thought of and comment which one you think would be interested in reading.

^The Teacher's Secret

^The Boy With No Face

^The Lost Love

^7 minutes

^Things I Never Said

^Restricted

^Too Far From Perfect

^TheFinal Goodbye
I will eventually post all of these, I hope. I also have Outsiders fanfics...I know I know, but if you want to read those too let me know. Hope you enjoyed. Bye! ILYSM!
-JMAC xoxo