Chapter 3

Intro

Announcer: Resident Evil!

June 6, 1998

The next four days had been rather tame. No real important events occurred for Matthew other than continuing to mark key points on the city map he had in his apartment.

Though he was happy to admit that he enjoyed running into Rebecca every other chance when he was either out and about, or with them crossing paths when leaving their apartments.

It turned out that she rode her mountain bike around the block every morning for exercise around the same time he'd go jogging. Sometimes they would go together and grab a quick breakfast from a bagel shop a street over as they talked bout the upcoming day when they would join their new teams.

Both teens enjoyed the time they spent together, and had already formed a strong friendship in the short time they'd gotten to know each other. Matthew would occasionally tell her how cute she looked which caused the young rookie to blush and stutter.

He'd laugh at how easily flustered she got from the simple compliment, which she would respond by lightly slapping him on the arm and calling him a jerk. Though he could always tell that she never meant it.

Despite everything that was happening between the two future STARS members, the day finally came for them to join the Raccoon City's finest.

Matthew stepped out of his bedroom wearing his new uniform. He'd picked it up the day before from the precinct and was rather impressed with the color scheme.

A pair of navy fatigues with cargo pockets, a short-sleeved navy blue shirt with the STARS emblem on each shoulder

A pair of navy fatigues with cargo pockets, a short-sleeved navy blue shirt with the STARS emblem on each shoulder. Throwing on his rig and holsters with his combat boots completed the look nicely and made him look like a force to be reckoned with.

After a quick cup of coffee, he slipped his 1911A1 into the holster and two mags into two compartments on either side before grabbing his keys and heading out the door.

At the same time, Rebecca came out of her apartment wearing her uniform as well. Dark-green capris and t-shirt with emblems on the shoulders with her medical stachels around her waist and a white kevlar vest with a red cross and the word 'Medic' displayed on her back.

 Dark-green capris and t-shirt with emblems on the shoulders with her medical stachels around her waist and a white kevlar vest with a red cross and the word 'Medic' displayed on her back