Chapter 34 "You might have to tell me again"

~Ethan~

6/4/24

I enjoyed my morning with Iria, I enjoyed walking her to the gym, I enjoyed our loneliness when we realized we were barely alone in the place and I enjoyed catching up in the lost time during the past hours. I always enjoyed Iria what was more than fine for me but there was something I wasn't up to enjoy, prom.

I wasn't going to show up that night, I knew everything about that night would hurt and I wanted to save it, I was tired of feeling pain, I wanted to stop it, forever. Rekindling one of the best nights of our lives wasn't an option. That's why I refused to take part in anything that had to do with that day when Iria's eyes begged me to do it -even if it was only for a couple of hours until she made up with her boyfriend.

I had a solid stance. I didn't want to dance. I didn't want to learn the fucking victory dance of the prom kings... Then why did I give in? Why couldn't I get my mouth to let out the words that my eyes shouted?

I won't dance, why didn't those words come out from my throat?

What was it about the heartbroken girl and her gaze that made me change my most solid stance if she asked please?

Iria grabbed my hand with a satisfied and huge smile when the I give up sigh I let out made her win. She always won against me. She dragged me to the center of the room, closer to the teacher so we could actually learn something. The song started playing throughout the big speakers that made the melody echo in the place. First we were supposed to just listen though I realized Iria hadn't let go of my hand.

The song ended what meant the dance started. The teacher gave the first indications of steps in which Iria and me tried to pay attention.

Try is the key word.

Of course Iria could have learned the dance by heart just by watching it once or twice, I was aware I was the problem here, however today she seemed just as clumsy as me.

Or maybe she just pretended so I wouldn't make a fool of myself alone.

The very first steps consisted in her giving a step forward with her left foot at the time my left foot -the one just in front of her left one- gave that step back. We bumped into the other, our chests crashed when they weren't mean to and she stepped on me.

It was funny, se laughed.

"This is disastrous, do you need me to scream left or right?" Her voice came out with a kidding tone I honestly missed. I missed her innocent mockery.

"Don't worry, I can write left or right on my hands." I teased looking down.

"Look up to your partner's eyes!" The teacher scolded the whole gym. I felt somehow like her words were meant for me. "I want you to fall in love with that person's eyes, you are kings of prom, dammit! Behave as royals."

I chuckled, I couldn't help laughing while staring too intensely into her eyes what made Iria laugh too. The teacher exhibited the following two steps we tried to follow as we could. You could say the choreography started pretty intensely, including the footwork of the beginning in which after Iria stepped on me she had to 'walk away'. She actually just had to give her back to me for barely a couple of seconds, reaching out to me so I could grab her arm and pull her closer, right after the space between us was reduced I had grab her thigh, leaning her body plus raising her leg -slightly. The dance cooled down afterwards, we spent some seconds staring in the latter position but then I let her go and we came back to the beginning.

"Now I want a sensual touch from your king. Run your fingertips all the way down your queen's back, boys!"

I hesitated to the new order, Iria's eyes gave me the approval to do what I was asked for.