Yoru x Reader

Map: Icebox
____

You looked around. Your crewmates were nowhere in sight. Where was everybody? You didn't remember planning to split up. Nonetheless, you had to find your enemies, those from the Omega world.

Suddenly, you saw a light flickering. One thought crossed your mind.
"Sniper."
You heard a shot. You were doomed. That was it.

In that same moment, something pulled you from behind. You were now in... an indescribable place... you couldn't breathe, you couldn't see. You could feel it. And it was neither good nor natural. You didn't have ground under your feet. You were lost.

You came to your senses, there was no use panicking. You could, in fact, feel something. You weren't dead... were you? You could feel! You could feel something on your body. You could vaguely feel something surrounding you. You were... being held?

What, or better saying, who was carrying you?! You started panicking once more. You flailed around, trying to break free, trying to breathe, see, smell, touch, something, you wanted something!

In a blink of an eye you were 'back to life'.
You could see. And what you saw surprised you.
"Yoru?!" you gasped. You were in his arms, him keeping you from touching the ground.

He then put you back down.
"You're welcome, idiot." he rolled his eyes, however, with a certain caring tone on his voice.

You realised what had happened in those few seconds. Yoru had saved you. How? He must have pulled you into another dimension... carrying you with him. And you were now in a safe place.
"I... thank you." you said.

"Enough screwing around." Yoru replied "Back to work..." he said firmly but then gazing upon you and your figure, still with their mind running a thousand miles per hour.
"Hey. You're better than them. Go... show them that." he said, trying to sound like his egocentric self but definitely letting his soft side slide for you.

"I will. Thank you." you replied, taking a breath.

Yoru turned his back on you, looking around for any danger.
"I'll keep an eye on you... dumbass." he finished, walking away.

You smiled.