Reading.

Yaz was sat in the library, it had been a few hours since she and the fam had arrived back to the safety of the Time Machine after fighting off the death turtles for a second time. Ryan and Graham had gone back to earth for a few days.

Meaning, The Doctor and Yaz had a few days to relax, which never really occurred thanks to the Timelord needing to be doing something that involved running around or fixing problems. That's what Yaz loved about her, that she was always trying to help. Yet she'd never voice her love, for she was too afraid the feeling wouldn't be reciprocated. And to Yaz that was worse than leaving her new found lifestyle. It was worse than the trials of Antigone, the tail had always fascinated The Doctor so Yaz did all she could to better her knowledge and impress the Timelord. And she did. She always did.

It wasn't a shock that the Doctor was alone in the control room. She often would wander while the rest were asleep or entertaining themselves. But this particular moment in time the Timelord felt alone. Sure she was aware her fateful companion was within the walls of her beloved machine, but she felt weight of a loneliness on her hearts.

Yaz turned a page as the door opened.
"Bored?" She asked letting her eyes leave the page for only a moment to glance at the Doctor from over the top of her book. The Doctor hummed in response and Yaz looked back down. "Nothing to fix?"
"Nope." The Doctor popped the P. "Can't we go somewhere?"
"As much as I love the idea of having an adventure with you, I think after almost dying again we deserve to stay away from any new threat we happen to stumble upon, don't you?"
"What are you reading?" She asked changing the subject and plopping down behind Yaz.
"A book." Yaz replied with a smirk. She went to turn the page.
"Wait." Yaz glanced over her shoulder to the Timelord. "Okay, sorry I don't read very fast."
"You what? You fight off death and save planets yet you don't read fast?"
"I have no need. I'm too busy fighting off death." She mimicked. "And saving planets." The pair laughed.
"Alright just let me know when you've done reading the page." The Doctor sat up a little and moved so she could see the book better and Yaz smiled.