Chapter 3: Beat of the Bar

I hope y'all are doing well and enjoying this fic so far! Votes and comments are greatly appreciated! I'm tryin' my best to make this funny, I hope I'm at least somewhat succeeding. Without further–a-do, here's the 3rd chapter!! :D

TW: Nothing! Well, I guess there's some broken glass, but it's nothing bad or descriptive.

April 22th, 2023:

Piso4's eyes flickered open, met by sunlight streaming into his room. It was natural for him to wake up at around 9:30 am when he didn't have work. It was a bit weird though, since in the past year, he had gotten used to having work on Saturdays. With a yawn and a stretch, he hopped out of bed. Piso did his routine, all while thinking about where he could book his first gig other than the Rubble Cafe and Diner performances.

There was always Gill's Grill, but the only people that went there were sports fans. Plus, the grill never paid their staff well. Then, there was also Turn 98, but that was a really fancy restaurant that only the best of the best got to perform at. The only other place Piso could think of was... Rhythm Bar. As you could guess, it was a local Bar.

Rhythm Bar was known to have amazing underground singers and bands. They also had decent Comedy acts. The best part? The place was filled to the brim with drunk people wanting to spend money. To say the least, he would be getting paid pretty well if he got a gig there.

Anyway, now that he was ready to head out of the house, he could actually go to Rhythm Bar to see the vibe. Due to not being old enough to drink alcoholic beverages, they had never gone to the bar, but Piso had heard of it a lot. From social media to everyday customers that stopped by Rubble Cafe and Diner. Speaking of Rubble Cafe and Diner, Hannah (the owner) was setting up a donation page to get the store repaired.

Man, Piso had to stop getting lost in his thoughts too much! Right, he was going to escape the apartment and go– wait. He still hadn't had breakfast. Today was going to be an interesting one, he woke up on the forgetful side of the bed. Um, Halo cafe was open, they had the best muffins (so he heard, he hadn't ever actually gone to the cafe before). Halo cafe it was.

Out the door and down the hallway, Piso skidded along. Of course, he had also grabbed his small, black backpack while on the way out. The sounds of the streets rang in his ears as he stepped outside his apartment. A group of tweens played basketball in a nearby area, their shouts of competitiveness were very audible.

A large chunk of concrete kept Piso occupied as he walked along the pavement. They would kick the piece, walked a few steps, and kick it again. The ongoing game with himself against the chunk lasted around 20 minutes before he appeared at the shop. Ha, "shop" was a weird word when you really think about it. Shop, shop, shop, shop, now it doesn't even really sound like a word!

The Jingling of bells semi-startled Piso when he entered the cafe. "Be there in a second!" Someone from the back said. Piso looked around while waiting. It was a peculiar shop, there were many places for people to sit and consume their purchases. It was mostly lit up by lamps placed around, but the light shining through the windows helped with brightening up the place too.

A man in a blue hoodie, black jeans, and light teal Converse waltzed from the back door, "Sorry about that, what can I help you with today?" Piso replied, "No worries, can I have a blueberry muffin and uhhh, a caramel frappuccino?" The employee replied, "Sure! Will that be all?" Piso nodded, "Mhm, yep!" Skeppy typed in the order on the screen before him, "Cash or card?" Piso answered, "Credit,"

Piso swiped his card, but nothing seemed to happen. "Uh, try it again?" Skeppy asked. He did so. "Hold up, let me go get Bad," Skeppy turned to the Employee's only door, "BAD! THE CREDIT THINGY-" His voice was muffled as soon as the door closed behind him. A few seconds passed and out emerged Skeppy and Bad. "It's not my fault that it's broken," Bad rolled his eyes, "It's not broken, it just needs to be rebooted, silly muffin,"