3: The Strange Angel

Crowley

Shit. Shit Shit.

Swallowing nervously, he flicked his tongue out. Only to find that he was not mistaken. He wasn't alone.

Crowley's blood ran cold, the hair on the back of his neck rising at nearly the exact same time. To confirm his suspicion, the sound of a floorboard creaking not too far from him. Alright, don't freak the fuck out. He snapped at himself, though it did nothing.

While attempting to control his own breathing, the demon slowly slid the book back into it's original position on the shelf, then quickly transformed himself into a snake, slithering up the shelf. But he never made it, for he spotted the Holy celestial being.

If he were mortal, Crowley would've never known him to be an angel. This one hadn't seemed to have picked the corporation most angels would take a liking to. It was far from perfect, and it wasn't flashy like most other angels seemed to prefer. Atleast in Crowley's experience. Though, this did not mean that he didn't see him as angelic. His corporation seemed... Humble, that was certainly an angelic trait, was it not? He was plump, and from even a few feet away Crowley could see his multiple layers of clothing to cover himself up. White curls covered his skull. Interesting choice, the demon decided, though also deciding that the look was most certainly not unsavory to him. But then he saw his eyes. An ineffably soft blue and gentle, with an almost unsure gaze as those eyes only flickered to the sword in his hands.

He stayed completely still in his snake form, nearly captivated by the seemingly gentle being before him.

Snake charmer, he thought mindlessly.

Perhaps thinking the same thing, the angel only looked back at him. But this did not last. The demon's instincts kicked in and he flew off the shelf, turning back into a human form as he hit the ground. Without wasting even half a second, he grabbed the edge of the shelf and with demonic strength, knocked it down so it fell on the angel before him. But despite his form, this one was quick, and barely managed to fly up before he was discorporated under the shelf. The enormous tower of the bookshelf made a loud crashing sound as it fell to the ground. Before he knew it, the angel dove toward him with incredible speed. Crowley didn't have the time to react and the angel landed on top of him, pinning him to a wall. Crowley fought back as best as be could, quickly ripping the sword from the angel's grasp. Only to instantly regret it.

It was holy.

The demon let out a scream before he could stop himself, instantly throwing the sword aside as the smell of Sulfur filled his nostrils. Only to immediately feel lightheaded, and he clutched his head in response. By doing this, he also let go of the angel, and Crowley could only stumble back in pain. Only for the heels of his boots to hit against something, and he fell backward.

"Shit." He cursed under his breath, the burning sensation still present in his hands, and throbbing in pain.

He opened his eyes again, only to see the angel. His heart seemed to stop as his yellow eyes instantly grew even wider. The angel had taken ahold of his sword again, and he was looking down at him, brows furrowing. He raised his sword above the demon's chest. It was then that Crowley could experienced true fear. The sword was blessed. This wouldn't send him back to hell, this would kill him. It would destroy him. The fear of what seemed to be the inevitable only chained him to the ground. He was the very definition of the word; petrified. And he felt like such a coward for it.

The angel exhaled, knuckles going white as he held the sword tighter.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Was all Crowley could think as he closed his eyes.