1 - Guilt.

Beep. Beep.

The alarm clock went off as Microphone tiredly groaned into the pillow. She hates waking up in the morning.

Soap had already went off to work early, leaving mic all alone in their shared room. She looked at the alarm clock that was on the desk next to her bed. 10:00 am. She weakly switched off the alarm as she slowly got up.

She opens the curtains as a blinding ray of sunlight hit her as she covers her eyes. She slowly opens them to see the view. The weather was fine, she could see some people on the ground either walking or talking amongst each other.

Microphone walked to her drawers and reached for her hairbrush, she then started combing her messy greyish-black hair.

It's been 2 months since the incident. She still remembers it as clear as day, Mic will never forget the huge argument she had with taco which led to her unfortunate death. The horror she saw in the shorter girl's face as she accidentally pushed her to fall to her demise.

She can't move on from it no matter how hard she tried. It was the most traumatic thing she ever experienced, especially when she accidentally killed someone. Thinking about it more makes her guilt rise, her mental health has got even worse after that incident as she starts having panic attacks every now and then only to have either Soap or Cheesy to console her.

After she was done with her hair she then changed into her usual outfit and plugged in her earphones as she walked out of her room. She made her way to the elevator. She clicks on one of the buttons as the door slides open, revealing Knife. He looks at Microphone's obvious restless self "hm, still haven't move on?" Knife said, trying not to sound offensive as he kinda felt sympathetic for Mic's current situation. "..Yeah." She softly muttered in response as she entered the elevator. "Look, i know we aren't exactly that close but, just... try to hang in there. It isn't exactly your fault since that bitch kinda deserved that."

Microphone was shocked at what he had said. Why is he out of all people comforting her? Even after all she had did last season, most of them still accept her at some point. She didn't deserve this at all. She didn't even understand why. But she has no choice but to accept the consequences.

After a while the elevator stopped at the first floor as it opened once again, making knife and Mic make their way to the kitchen to get some breakfast. It was rather casual for a while, then Knife got up and went out, leaving her all by herself in the kitchen. She stayed there washing the dishes for awhile and then went to the living room. In there she saw Cheesy and Pickle playing mario kart on the couch.

As soon as Cheesy looked up to see Mic, he happily greeted her "Heya Mic! How you doin'?" Mic let out a soft smile as she sees her little friend. "Could've been better, but I'm doing ok." "Oh alright then, wanna join us? There's another controller if you want to!" "I'll... pass on that but I would love to watch you guys have fun!" She politely declined. They then continued what they were doing and carried on with their day.

Time passed by as Mic returned to her room. As soon as she closed the door she flopped on the bed. The girl somehow felt more exhausted than usual, it feels very odd since it was often never like this. She also felt the very huge feeling of dread as it all came flooding back to her.

She forgot to take her meds.

The memories coming back made her extremely nauseous as she quickly rushed to the bathroom. Mic instantly rummages through the cabinets trying to find her meds. She then pours twice the amount of pills she usually take without realizing onto her hands as she desperately shoves them all into her mouth, causing her to vomit.

Her mind began to become very fuzzy as glimpses of that day came shooting to her like bullets. Tears started to form into her eyes as she drops to the floor. She held her head in pain as her breathing starts to become heavier, she tried calming herself down by cradling back and forth, but of course it didn't help. She then started crying her eyes out as it got worse.

After a while, only sounds of soft sobbing could be heard from the bathroom as the girl curls up into a ball on the floor. Her vision was starting to darken as she became weaker and then at the end, everything blacked out.

.

.

.

Microphone didn't know how long she had passed out, though it felt like hours. But at least her migraine stopped. The girl felt numb, everything went blank as she laid on the floor until she heard a scream.

She finally got to her senses as she saw Soap standing at the door, her face filled with fear as she covered her mouth. As soon as the girl saw that her friend was conscious, she immediately came to Mic's level and held her in her arms. "Mic! What on earth were you doing while I was gone?! I was about to call an ambulance!" The poor girl yelled as she cried in the other girl's arm. Mic went completely silent for a moment until she spoke up
"I... don't know... my... memory is still kinda blurry... ACK-" she yelped out as a jolt of pain came to her head.

The short girl look at her best friend in concern as she held her hand, in an attempt to comfort her "Mic... you don't need to force yourself to be active all the time. Take all the time you need to rest and fully recover, there's no one stopping you. We are all worried about you, okay?" Soap reassured her. Microphone still needs to have time to process what was happening, but she felt a feeling of warmth and comfort around her chest which made her relaxed. "Thank you, Soap..."

Soap then pulled Mic into a tight hug, almost suffocating her "Please don't do that again! You nearly scared the shit out of me!!" The shorter girl cried out as she held onto Mic as if it's the end of the world "SOAP- I CAN'T BREATHE-" the hug softened a bit a few moments later until they finally let go of each other.

"So... want some domino's?" Soap said as she held out her phone "Sure, and again thanks for helping me out back there.. who knows what could've happened." Mic said as she slowly stood up. "No problem, anything for my friend."Soap smiled softly.

Mic was very grateful for having a best friend like Soap, in fact she loved her very deeply. She hopes that one day, that she will have the courage to confess to her but feared it will affect their current relationship. She hopes her friendship with Cheesy and Soap will last forever.

Hopefully.