Chapter 1

Lorelei P.O.V

The day started out normal.

Waking up in bed with my big brother Lorenzo after the scene mom caused last night.

She was mad at us again.

Since we were 12 she had us working for money.

It didn't matter that we were her children and she was supposed to be supporting us.

She was greedy and selfish and because of that me and my brother paid the price.

The money she received from our father never seemed to be enough for her because as soon as she ran out she was running to us, her children, for money.

Being as young as we were, we obviously didn't have any, and that made her angry.

She expected to receive at least 200 from the both of us every week, and when we couldn't provide she hurt us in any way she could.

Having the electricity turned off while she went on vacation, letting the water be cut off so we couldn't shower, even going as far as physical punishments.

It didn't matter if we were kids because to her we were nothing but burdens on her shoulders.

Waking up today, it was March 6th me and my brothers 14th birthday.

This day was always special to us because mom made sure to never be here.

Although the reason behind it hurts, I'm glad that there's always one for-sure day that we don't have to tiptoe around the house.

As soon as we woke up we had walked to the corner store and brought ourselves a Little Debbie cupcake snack we can share since there was 2 in a pack.

When we walked back to the house we cleaned up and sat in the dark.

Mom hated this day because it's the day we were born so every year it's the same with her promising to make us as miserable as possible to try and ruin our day.

It's where our little tradition came in, we didn't want this day to be ruined just because she hated us.

So even though we had no water, no electricity, or anything we had each other and that was good enough for us.

We had been in the middle of blowing out the candles we lit when there was a knock on the door.

I looked over to Lorenzo his eyes wide panic shown all over his features.

We didn't know what to do.

Nobody ever knocked on our door. Our house was nice, it wouldn't cause any suspicion on the outside but it was secluded.

"It's the police, anyone home?" At that both our eyes widen at the same time and we both get up.

Lorenzo gets in front of me holding one hand behind his back for me to hold onto which I gladly appreciated.

As he opened up the door my hands on his tightened and I could feel myself getting anxious.

What was the police doing here?

I could physically see their eyes soften at the sight of us and the sympathy clouded behind their eyes.

What was going on?

"Im sorry to be the one telling you this but your mother was involved in a car accident and she sadly didn't make it." The officer watched us with sympathy on his face and I didn't know how to react.

She's dead.

Will they separate us?

Tears leaked from my eyes at the thought. I didn't want to be separated from him. He's all I had.

"I know you're probably feeling overwhelmed but we do need to take you guys in and figure out what this means for you guys." The cop says.

"Okay." Lorenzo replied tightening his grip on my hand before heading towards them.

I hope everything turns out okay.

-Time Skip-

We had been sitting in the station for 2 hours.

Lorenzo kept biting the skin around his fingernails anxiously so I have my hands wrapped in his to stop his self destructive habit.

We haven't heard anything since we got here and they had us sit in the chairs and wait.

I don't know what they were waiting for but I was so scared to ask.

It had been another 30 minutes of waiting when they finally acknowledged our existence again and told us what was happening.

"Alright I know you've been needing answers and sorry we've had you waiting so long but according to birth records and your mothers medical history you have 5 older brothers and your father who is very willing to take you in." A woman officer explains to us.

I could feel my heart drop inside my chest and all I wanted was for things to go back to how they were.

Yeah it wasn't good but there are so many changes happening at once I don't know how to cope.

Our life before was hard but it was simple.

Stay out her way.

Keep the house clean.

Give her 200 dollars every week.

Don't scream.

And protect each other.

We weren't in a stable environment and it definitely wasn't a safe one either but it was all I knew.

I didn't want to leave it behind no matter how much our lives sucked.

I didn't deal with change well, not like how Lorenzo does.

I don't know how to handle the fact that I had other family out there, someone other than Lorenzo it was hard to wrap my head around.

Unlike me, Lorenzo was excited I could tell by the way his eyes lit up and a small grin graced his features.

He wanted this change, he was accepting it. I just continue my gaze on him and I take a few deep breaths in and try to prepare myself.

I knew I couldn't leave him behind he was my safety net, my rock and shoulder to cry on and we needed each other so if he wanted to go with them then I am gladly sticking by him.

My heart was pounding in my chest not knowing the type of environment we were going to be thrown into but I know with him by my side I'd be alright.

--------------------------
🚨New Story Alert🚨

Hello my beautiful people welcome to Little Lies❤️.

Don't forget to
Vote
&
Comment

Have a snack and some water and grab some tissues.

This one's going to hurt.