Chapter 7

Sophia

The entire world stopped for me. I couldn't move a single muscle except for my fists which was clenched with anger frustration and nervousness. The moment those words slipped out of his parents mouth, I felt like destroying the entire universe and ripping off its existence.

Thinking about Kyle having a single scratch on him was making my blood boil in anger. But I knew that I had to keep my composure in front of the three people standing in front of me.

Fuck they had more rights to be angry and sad than me. Like I have mentioned many a times, who the hell am I to be worrying about him? What is he to me, boyfriend? Best friend? Husband? Nothing. He is a stranger to me. But yet again I feel that he means something more than the above relations I mentioned.

Taking a deep breath and calming myself, I asked them.

"What exactly happened and which hospital is he in?"
For some weird reason, they tensed at this question. Yes I had helped them. Even if it was for a very small reason, their expressions read, "should we tell her about our personal affairs?" Yes that kind of expression. But come on, Kyle literally spent half the day with me, in my goddamn house! What more do I need to do huh?

Suddenly his dad spoke up.

"Today morning as soon as he got out of the house...a van came and hit him-
He stopped mid sentence and tried to hold back his tears while I was holding back the thought of killing the driver of the van with my bare hands. Then his mom continued the sentence.

"He heard the c-crash and came out and saw Kyle lying on the road unconscious. The van took off very quickly and we couldn't even see the number plate. It was definitely a hit and run case. We immediately took him to the hospital and...."

"And after the operation, the doctor told us that-
Again he stopped his sentence, come on guys don't make me think the worst please.
"He-he is in an induced coma" both of them started crying and shawn immediately went and hugged his parents with his own tears streaming down his face and my face lost all colors.

Coma? HE IS IN A FUCKING COMA!

I couldn't move. I couldn't comprehend what is right and what is wrong. Everything felt dizzy to me, i felt as if I was going to faint right then and there. I just plopped myself on the couch.
The family in front of me where balling their eyes out while i just sat there. Numb. Void of any expression.

After sometime all three stopped crying. They came and sat opposite to me. Not even bothered by their current condition I asked them, "which hospital is he in, I want to see him NOW".
His mother sighed, "Sophia visiting hours are over now, you can visit him tomorrow tho. He is admitted in the City Hospital".

"Then who is going to look after him tonight?" I asked feeling dejected.
"I'll be going at 8pm to stay with him". His father said. I nodded sadly. Well at least his dad was going to be there.
All of us just sat in complete silence. What the hell am I still doing here? My thoughts came to a stop when I saw his dad's office bag's logo....STARSHINE CORPORATION!
The fuck, he works for my dad!

Now you may be wondering, how do people not know me but know my parents? The thing is I was kept away from any spotlight and media fame. My identity had to be kept as a secret. Why? Because that's how the industry works apparently. Keeping suspense and secrets is what makes someone look more appealing and interesting. But yet i had no idea why i was kept away from the world. Basically apart from my friends and families from both my dad's side and mom's side, no one knows that I am John and Lily Wilsons daughter. In fact the whole world doesn't know that they have a daughter. Then how did I get admission in schools and University? Money my dear people, money can immediately shut anyone's mouth. Dad paid hefty amounts of money to the school and university to not reveal their identities cuz the school and University which I currently study at are under my dad's company, one word and everyone looses their jobs. See how powerful money can be?