Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1

June 1966, Qingcheng.

This is an antique, well-formed and well-preserved three-in-in-fourth house. It was originally the old house of the Lin family. Now, except for two of the rooms where the Lin family lives, the other rooms have been divided into the employees of the machinery factory.

Outside the wall, there is a perennial Chinese toon tree, and the branches with thick leaves extend to the window of a room in the west wing of the second courtyard, bringing the noisy cicadas and summer heat. Lin Qiao sat in front of the window and listened to the conversation between several people outside.

"Man Zha, we watched Lin Qiao grow up. I am very satisfied with her and like her very much. We can't bear it, but in your family's situation, we also have to withdraw from the marriage, and we don't want to make trouble. You are a reasonable person, please understand."

The speaker is Lin Qiao's mother, Chen Qicheng, who is her partner.

The ancestors of the Lin family are the most prominent capitalists in Qingcheng.

During the Anti-Japanese War, Lin Qiao's grandfather once subsided the independent regiment led by Chen Qicheng's grandfather with a large amount of money and materials. Since then, the relationship between the two families has been very close. When the third generation was born, the two children were of similar in age, and they were ordered to have a baby marriage at the age of two or three.

Two months ago, the Lin family, who originally lived in a garden house and had huge dividends from several factories, suddenly encountered an accident. They moved from the foreign-style house to a number of quadrangle courtyards. The dividends were cancelled, and all the money and goods were handed over. Lin Peiyuan, Lin Peiyuan, the father, was also transferred to Yun Province Farm.

Well, the Lin family was defeated, and the Chen family will withdraw immediately.

Just two months ago, Chen's mother liked to be satisfied with her future daughter-in-law. She once took Lin Qiao's hand affectionately and said, "You can get the deputy battalion commander in a year or two. You are a college student. You two are very suitable. He likes you very much. He can't wait for you to graduate from college quickly. When you graduate, I will let him come back to visit. Dear, you have done the wedding."

If it hadn't been for the Lin family's accident, the marriage should have continued step by step, and they should get married in a month or two.

"Why should I understand you? It's your family's sniff. It turned out to be your family's Gaopan Lin's family. I'm afraid that Lin Qiao doesn't like Chen Qicheng, and the Lin family doesn't dislike you. Originally, both of them were about to get married, and your family turned their faces faster than turning over books." Sister-in-law Huang Meiqin said angrily.

"We didn't foresee the current situation, not to mention that he and his father are in power. Working in the government department, I started as an officer, and I couldn't marry Lin Qiao, and I couldn't pass the political trial. Chen's mother looked worried.

"Aren't you just worried that the Lin family will drag down your family? The marriage was booked by your old man on his own initiative. Chen Qicheng has delayed Lin Qiao for so many years. If we hadn't had a baby kiss with your family, we, Lin Qiao would have had a marriage contract with a young talent. Why do you retreat as soon as you say it? It's useless for you to come. Ask your old man to say it. Don't you think about it. Our Lin Qiao has retired from the marriage, and where is her face?

Lin's mother, Xu Manzhi, sat at the table drinking tea and never said anything. In this situation, she must retreat. Huang Meiqin naturally understood very well, just to be quick to talk.