<3 GEAR UP <3

I woke up and I was in a hospital again. I look at my torso, it had been stitched up and wrapped in a bandage. My vision was still blurry, I heard John’s voice say, “Listen, Doctor, just let me see her!” “I’m sorry, Mr. Callahan, I’m afraid I can’t allow that,” The doctor responded, he then groaned in pain as John walked in, his eyes filled with tears, “Tater tot,” he said, rushing to give me a hug, I groaned in pain, he stepped away, “Deja vu, huh?” I laughed, “Yeah,” my voice sounded raspy and weak, “The doctor said you lost a lot of blood on the way,” he said, “So is that why I feel like crap?” I asked jokingly, he grinned, “Yeah,” I tried to use my powers to strengthen myself, but ended up hurting myself even more, “Woah,” he started, “Don’t waste your energy on trying to heal yourself, just rest” “but what if,” I started, “What if it doesn’t work out this time, what if I-” I couldn’t even say it, “what if I die, John?” my voice quivering in fear. "I will not let that happen!" John exclaimed. I was somewhat confused, “Does this mean we’re good?” I asked, he grinned, “Does this answer your question?” He kissed me gently but passionately. He pulled away and sat in the chair. "Yes!" I said, smiling. My weirdo was back.

The pain kept on getting worse and I tried again to heal myself, “Quick” I started, “Can you make me cry?” “What?” he questioned, “I don't think I can-” “Just do it, please” I cut him off, he nodded and took a deep breath, “Here it goes,” he sighed, “You are the most awful, ugly, disgusting, terrible friend I have ever had, no wonder Katelyn hates your guts, who wouldn’t” I felt the tears coming along and I finally cried, he stopped the insults and before I knew it, the pain was now gone, “It worked” I laughed, “It actually worked” I take the IV out of my hand and shoo him away so I can change. I changed and he was waiting outside the door, we snuck out, closely encountering doctors, but missing it by the bullet. We finally got out and we ran to his car, “You are truly a weirdo, John” I laugh, “So are you, tater tot” We get in his car and drive back home.

“Okay so explain it again,” he requests, “So, we track down Katelyn, corner her and finish her off” I answer, he nodded, “Okay, go it” We go to the hardware store and get a few supplies, “What are you kids doing with all this stuff?” one of the employees asked, “Building,” John suggests, “Yeah, building,” I agreed. The employee shrugged it off and rang up the items, “Okay, that’ll be $45.32” I nod and pay with the leftover cash I have left.

We walked out of the store with the supplies, dropping them in the trunk of John’s car, “Are you sure you want to do this? We can call the cops,” he suggested, “I’m sure and she broke out last time so, what’s the point in that, we have to stop her,” I replied. He nodded and we were off for me to train my powers and to set up some stuff for the battle