7: Mistake...?

Jihyo's morning sickness continues to wake the couple in the middle of the night.
Weeks and trimesters past and regular check ups with Dr. Ye-Rim,  the media had mixed emotions about this, but what can they do? They're happy, nothing better than happiness.

Because of this, the company and the group itself received backlash because of the couple's actions. Despite this, the company is defending their talents for it is out of their control.

"Jeongyeon, did we make a mistake?" Jihyo asked, gripped on the toilet's frame, teary eyed.
"What do you mean? You don't mean... Jiyeon, don't you?"

Jihyo looked at her wife with a light red face, with tears rolling down her eyes.

"I-I don't know. I'm happy but what about my career? I worked for it my entire life. Do I just let it go? You know how much it means to me"

Jihyo said, crying on the cold bathroom floor, while Jeongyeon was kneeling next to her, not knowing what to say.
They sat there in silence, Jihyo still crying with her head on Jeongyeon's chest, rubbing her stomach.

"Happiness" Jeongyeon broke the silence after a few minutes

"Ever since we started this, you've been the happiest girl ever. You're not faking a smile, you love what you're doing, I can see it. Please, don't give her up, we've come this far"

Jihyo looked up at her wife, then Jeongyeon wiped her lover's tears.

"Please"

"This is why I married you, Jeongyeon. Thank you, I love you so much"

Jeongyeon kissed Jihyo on the forehead and carefully picked her up and placed her on the bed.
Laying down, Jeongyeon placed Jihyo's head on her chest and rapped her hands around Jihyo's petite body.

"I hope you know that you and our daughter mean the world to me"
"I know, the both of you mean a lot to me too"

Jihyo said as if she was whispering, only Jeongyeon heard it.

When Jeongyeon looked over to see why it suddenly became silent, she saw her pretty wife's face peacefully in slumber.
Jeongyeon's thoughts
It's 3:40 a.m, I still have time to sleep. Sleep well, my princesses.

A few hours pass, Jihyo wakes up to her wife sleeping beside her. She doesn't really remember what happened a few hours before. 

She moves a bit which wakes Jeongyeon from her slumber.

"Jihyo? You're awake already? Did you sleep well, love?"
"I slept well, I just don't really remember what happened. It's a blur, I remember I was crying, though"

Jeongyeon stayed silent

"You remember that?"
"Yeah"

Suddenly, Jihyo starts to remember all the things that happened hours before.

"I said I wanted to give her up?"
"Not exactly, but it sounded you really wanted to"
"What? I would never do that, I'm sorry, Jeong"
"It's alright, maybe you were just overwhelmed. It's ok"

Jeongyeon gave Jihyo a hug, Jihyo looked like she really needed one.

Jihyo finally came to a realization that happiness is something you should hold on to. Happiness is something that makes you truly happy, so what if the media thinks it was a big mistake? At least Jihyo and Jeongyeon got the happiness they deserved.

Same goes to you, if it makes you happy, don't mind what other people think. It makes YOU happy. Love you 🫶

The chapter to follow will be a time skip so that the story can escalate faster and I can continue with the original storyline I planned.