Chapter 42

I walked up and down the aisle of Target, not entirely sure what it is that I was looking for. It was Dinah's mom baby shower and the girls well correction Ally insisted that we get Dinah's mom a gift. Dinah had no idea that we were doing this.

"This is dumb" I muttered, as I stared at the duck stuffed animal.

"It's not dumb Y/N. Having a baby is an exciting time for people" Ally responded.

"How is pushing a baby out of your vagina come off as exciting?" I asked.

"Maybe it's something you have to experience to find out" Ally replied, with a smile on her face.

"If you say so" I said, as I followed behind Ally.

Camila and Lauren lurked behind us, but were too busy paying attention to one another to hear what Ally and I were discussing. They seemed to have become closer a lot lately ever since they took my virginity, which I couldn't really claim, was my first time but I have yet to mention that to the girls. I wasn't sure if I could be concerned or not, but my staring at them must've caught Ally's attention.

"Are you okay with them doing that?" Ally asked, rather shyly which was weird for her.

"Uh... I'm not sure" I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"I think I found a great gift for Dinah's mom" Normani interjected, holding a stuffed animal in her hand.

"That's it?" Ally asked.

"There are not many choices to choose from Ally" Normani responded.

"I think Camz and I gift is way better" Lauren said, holding up a baby outfit and a pack of diapers.

Ally sighed. "We'll just get both and that thing over there" Ally said, pointing to a play set.

"Ally, it's not going to care about playing with toys when it's born. All it's going to want to do is cry, crap, and eat" I said.

"Why do you call babies it?" Camila asked.

"Because that's what they are" I said.

"So, are we getting my gift or what?" Normani asked, ignoring Camila and I's conversation.

"Yes, I just want to get out of here already" I said rather annoyed.

We all stood in line to check out and of course the cashier wanted to make conversation, after she noticed all the baby products being bought.

"Oh, which one of you is expecting?" the cashier asked, looking at all of us.

"They're actually for a friend's mother" Ally said, smiling at the older lady as the total popped up on the screen.

A woman behind us eyed us suspiciously, as if she didn't believe a word that came out of Ally's mouth. Lauren kissed Camila's cheek and Camila let out a giggle and the woman looked down to Camila's stomach.

"None of us are pregnant" I snapped at the woman.

Ally and Normani looked at me strangely as they grabbed the bags.

"No one said anything Y/N" Lauren said.

I just shook my head and walked hurriedly out the store, while the girls followed me.

Once we arrived at Dinah's parents' house it was utter chaos. I was glad that Dinah didn't live here anymore. It was hard trying to sneak off and have a make out session without being walked in on. I swear every time I came to this house I would lose money or have to bribe Dinah's cousin to keep quiet and not tell her parents or their parents. Dinah's family really knew how to hustle me. Within this time, I was closer to Dinah than the other girls mostly because Ally enjoyed spending more time with Normani and I've already explained Lauren and Camila's situation so that just left Dinah and I.