the star in the sky

"Mmm, so you have a game tonight, Kagi-kun?"

"Mhm, I do.." Kagiura sighs, "I do wish you could come watch me though.."

"You know it's just a private match, I'm not allowed to come!"

"Hehe... I know~"

They both put on their jackets then gently closed the door to start walking to the gym at another school, the basketball match was going to take place in.

It was early in the evening, around 6pm, the sun was already setting. They should be going back to the dorms by now because of curfew, but since Kagiura was going out for club activities, both him and Hirano were allowed out for slightly longer.

"Hirano-san.."

"Hm?"

"You know.. I wish we could walk like this together more often, like.. outside the school or dorms. Now I realize it we never really do walk together in the streets." Kagiura pouts, while leaning just a few inches closer to the blonde figure. 

"You know we don't have any time for that type of stuff, we always have work to do outside of school and dorm curfews exist." Hirano looks towards Kagiuras sparkling eyes, a small grin starts to grow in his face. "I do admit though. I wish we could spend time with each other in places other than our dorms, like how we gone to that one basketball game for your birthday.. that was really fun."

Hiranos hand starts to slide gradually closer to Kagiuras, it was just the both of them in the sidewalk. Everybody was starting to head home, since it was a cold evening. It felt like both Hirano and Kagiura were in their own world, nobody could see them, they were alone.

His hand subconsciously touched Kagiuras hand, their fingers were intertwined, his hand, it felt soft, and gentle. 

Just when Hirano was about to hold Kagiuras hand grey clouds were starting to form, and drops of rain started to slowly fall from the night sky. 

"Uwahh!" Kagiura jumped out. "It's raining.."

"Ugh.. you're lucky I brought out an umbrella for us to share, I expected this to happen." It was at that moment, Hirano realized how close his hand was to Kagiuras, he immediately stepped away to the side to create a gap, Hirano was somewhat grateful it started to rain, so he could use the umbrella to hide his beet red face. 

It wasn't a while ago since Hirano started to consider having 'romantic' feelings for Kagiura. In fact he does intend to romantically start dating Kagiura. It's just that he doesn't know how to start, or perhaps how to deal with those type of feelings. 

"Hirano-san.. I can hold it for the both of us, that way you won't have to get wet from holding the umbrella so high.."

"Ah right, sorry I just noticed that!"

Kagiura starts to giggle a bit, a huge grin started to flash from his face.

"What..?" Hirano glared at him, confused.

"Hehe.. nothing, it's just that.. lovers normally share umbrellas, don't they?"

"Ngh you.. what ARE you trying to imply!?"

"Nothing, nothing! It just reminded me of something that's all~!"

As much as Hirano loved the idea of them looking like lovers, he purposely tried to hide it by trying to show off a 'weirded-out reaction'. There was so many things he wanted to do with Kagiura, many more things he just wanted to admit.. but nothing would come out no matter how hard he tried, even if he did it would just look like he was just trying to tease his roommate.