《 reunited 》

I stood in the foyer, bouncing on the balls of my feet, as I waited for Jameson to walk through the front doors.

We'd been apart for two weeks, three days, and seven hours.

But who was counting?

Oren had insisted he pick Jameson up from the airport, and I'd agreed solely because I was so happy he was about to be home.

With me.

For the first time in what felt like a year.

I supposed it was because I'd originally meant to visit Spain with him. But, last minute, Nash had asked me to stay so I'd be there after he proposed to Libby.

It had paid off, seeing as I'd been able to share the happy moments with her. And yet, happy moments were so much better with Jameson around.

As I waited impatiently, I stood on my tiptoes to glance out the peephole. My sundress rode up my thighs before I lowered myself with a sigh.

Still no Jameson. Still no Oren.

Not even his car pulling up to the property.

Anxious, I glanced at the grandfather clock on the wall. It was well passed when they should've been here.

I was extremely uneasy.

Which was why I nearly jumped out of my skin when, behind me, a voice murmured, "Nice dress, Heiress." I didn't even have time to turn around before a warm hand ran up my bare back. Smiling against my neck, Jameson said, "That's an easy way to tell me you're not wearing underwear."

A flush gathered on my cheeks. I hadn't exactly expected Jameson to notice the dress's bare back before the much-more-modest front.

But he was right that the fabric's cut didn't exactly permit undergarments.

He'd simply spoiled the surprise for himself early.

"Where did you come from?" I demanded, turning to face him.

"There's a back door, you know." He winked. "Several, actually."

I decided not to ask questions. Jameson always had several tricks up his sleeve — and ninety percent of the time he wouldn't tell me as to what they were.

Instead, I kissed him hard.

Jameson's nonchalant gaze immediately turned ravenous. I almost squeaked as he backed me to the front doors. I felt a handle press into my spine, but didn't mind because I was so immersed in his kiss.

"Miss me?" Jameson murmured between kisses.

"Too much."

He chuckled before locking both of my hands behind my back. "Likewise, Heiress."

"How was Spain?" I asked, leaving a couple inches between us.

"Lacking."

"In what?"

"Millionaires named Avery Grambs."

I grinned, kissing him again. "Actually," I said, freeing my hands from his grasp and locking them behind his neck instead, "I'm a billionaire."

Jameson's lips lifted into a crooked grin. "Touché."

His hips nudged my body back against the door, and we kissed again. However, just as it began to deepen, I felt the handle against my spine turn.

Noticing too, Jameson guided me a few feet back while the perpetrators walked inside.

Libby and Nash.

Behind them, Oren was carrying one of Jameson's suitcases up the steps. I shot my boyfriend a glare that reprimanded him for not helping carry his things.

But Jameson wasn't looking my way.

He was staring at the diamond on Libby's left hand. Glancing up at his brother, Jameson said, "It looks like I missed something."