Part 2: chapter 6

5th year

"How did Ominis know this place was here?"  I asked at Sebastian lead me in the the clock.

"He said it's been in his family for generations. He technically doesn't want anyone to know about it. But he's trust me since we met and I trust you so.." he gestured to the big room. "I thought you'd be able to use it as practice to catch up on your lessons and such."

The room had pillars spaced out evenly across the room and wooden boxes and barrels piled in corners. The boy had candles lit everywhere so that the room was lit with an orange glow. Some how the boys had also pulled down some chairs and even a couch. I wonder if it was them who brought the couch down. Maybe it was past Gaunts?

"This is so cool." I smiled at Sebastian. He grinned back proudly with his arms crossed.

"I was thinking. Since you are going around and fighting trolls why don't I teach you a spell." He offered already getting his wand out.

"Which one?"

"Confringo!" Sebastian suddenly yelled aiming his wand at an unlit cast iron candelabra hanging in the middle of the room. fire shooting from his wand and lighting every candle.

We stood there in silence as I stared at the now lit candles. My jaw was embarrassingly hanging open with a smile.

"Well?" He mused.

"Teach me." My head spun around in his direction.

"I thought you'd never ask."

__________
Present day

"You could just use Confringo, right Ava?" Sebastian's voice pulled me back from my daydream.

It was Christmas morning. Poppy had left after our Christmas Eve breakfast leaving me with all the boys. And Sebastian and Cerus had been bickering back and forth over spell choices. We were all sitting in the great hall eating breakfast.

This morning, when I walked out of my dorm in the empty common room, I looked at the tree that had been set up by the fireplace only to see it empty of any presents.

I had sighed not really expecting anything from my parents but a small part of me was still hoping. The monk had noticed me looking at the tree and poured me a fresh cup of hot chocolate.

Sebastian had wanted to get me a gift but I didn't want him to go out of his way to. Especially since I couldn't get anyone a gift since I can't leave the grounds without someone  trying to kill me.

"What are we using Confringo for?" I ask them.

"The best spell to use when dueling."

"Oh, I mean I used to use it a lot fifth year but I think it's just because I had been excited to learn it."

Cerus pursed his lips, "well I think bombarda is more useful."

"That's because you are violent." I gave Cerus a fake smile.

"Both of them are violent." Ominis rolled his eyes.

"I guess that's kinda true..."

Sebastian's smile dropped. "I'm not violent."

"You taught me the unforgivable curses.." I softly reminded him.

"Yeah for your protection. Just because it has a scary name doesn't mean it can't protect you."

Cerus looked between me and Sebastian confused, "I thought I taught you those?"

"Oh, I was pretending." I admitted before taking another bite of toast. "For some reason you wanted to teach me so badly. I didn't have the heart to tell you I learned them when I was 15."