Ch-1

"Rinnnnn, lets go! We're gonna be late!" I yelled, trying to drag my bags along at the same time. "I'm coming idiot give me a minute." spoke the annoyed voice of my brother as I heard him click his tongue. He had been pretty annoyed after Sae-nii left, and honestly...I feel the same. Like at last, don't ruin our dream! Suddenly Rin tapped my shoulder and snapped me out of my thoughts. "Come on. We'll be late." I silently nodded. So with that, we left for the JFU. I silently hoped that I would know someone other than Rin there.

We got to the JFU building, and I stopped outside to look around. "Rin, 'm gonna look around for a bit, 'kay?" Rin just curtly nodded and walked into the building. I took the time to look around, walking around the streets, and noting the different shops. Then, when I came back, I saw a guy with dark blue hair and blue eyes, and a guy with white hair and gold eyes. They seemed to be speaking. I just ignored them, and started to walk into the building. Suddenly, they called out to me. "Hey! Isn't this place only for guys or something?" 

I calmly turned around and replied. "Why, yes it may be, however, I have a letter that invited me." The guy who'd spoken was the blue eyed guy. "I'm Isagi Yoichi. What's your name?" I introduced myself. "Kyoko. Just call me Kyoko, since I really can't stand being called by my last name." Isagi just smiled. "Of course, Kyoko-san." I smiled. "Please, drop the honorifics. I'm probably younger than you." "Oh, really? I'm 17, what about you?" "I'm 16." "Oh, then I'll drop the honorifics." The white haired guy introduced himself as Kira Ryosuke. "Nice to meet you, Kira." "Nice to meet you too, Kyoko." "Should we go in?" I suddenly realized how long we'd been standing there. "Yeah, let's. I've gotta look for my brother, anyways." Isagi seemed surprised. "You have a brother?" "Yep, twin brother actually." "Oh." "Let's go in, then?"

We stepped inside, and I looked for Rin. The guys were what Usagi and Kagome would've described as hot, but me, not so much. I couldn't care less about that factor. Only one guy had ever managed to capture my heart yet, but he had broken it. I kept looking around, and I spotted a lot of interesting hair colors, including a guy with orange hair, one with white hair and a green stripe, one with red hair, one with yellow and brownish black hair, one with purple hair, one with snow-white hair and..... No. It couldn't be, could it?  marron hair. It couldn't.... No. Must be just some other guy with marron hair. I spotted Rin, hurrying over to him. I heard a lot of murmurs about a girl being there, but I ignored them. I chatted with Rin for a while, it mostly being a one-side conversation. Then, we heard a voice.

"Congratulations, you unpolished lumps of talent." I looked up at the stage, seeing this weird guy with a bowlcut on it. "According to my personal judgement.... The 304 of you are the best strikers under 18. My name is Jinpachi Ego, and I was hired to give Japan a victory in the world cup. I'll just say this plainly.... Only one thing is necessary to make Japanese soccer the best in the world: The birth of a revolutionary striker. With the 304 of you here... I will conduct an experiment to create the world's best striker. Look. This is the faculty created for this purpose. Blue Lock." A holograph appeared in front of us. It had a pentagon shaped building on it, and was divided into five parts. "Starting today, you'll all be living here together..... While undergoing the special training I've devised. You can't return to your homes, and this marks the end of your previous soccer careers. But... I promise this, whoever survives this Blue Lock, and outlasts the other 303..... The last remaining person.... Will become the world's best striker. That concludes my explanation. Thank you."

I stood there, dumbfounded. This guy.... Does he think anyone other than crazy people would participate? I mean... I am crazy, so I'm in, but would anyone other than a few would be in? I didn't know. Just then, I heard Kira's voice. "Ummmm! Excuse me! I can't consent to your explanation. Each of us have our own precious teams. And some of us are preparing for nationals." I could detect a slight anger in his tone, although that must have just been me. He continued, "Running off to some place that makes no sense... I can't abandon my team to participate in something like that." Then, a flurry of voices sounded. "Yeah! I've got nationals, too!" "And what's that stuff about living together?" Yeah! That's right!" "Who are you, anyway? Bring out someone legit!"

Bowlcut scratched his head. "I see... You're all really sick, huh... Then, piss off. If you want to leave, I won't stop you. Your teams are precious...? Instead of becoming the world's best.... You'd rather become the best high schooler in our country's soccer backwater? Huh? I get depressed when I think of people like you carrying the future of Japanese soccer." I got confused. Huh??? He continued. "Listen.. Japanese soccer's teamwork capacity is the best in the world. You can say it's a gift of our country's propensity for considering others. But besides that, everything else... is second rate. Let me ask you... Just what is soccer?"

That kicked my mind into gear. What is soccer? A team sport, right? What else could it be? It's a sport where 11 of us work together and score, right?

"A sport in which 11 people combine their power? 'Treasuring our bonds?' 'For my friends sake?' Wrong." "And that's why this country's game has always been weak," He continued. "I'll tell you. Soccer is a game in which you score more goals than your opponent. Whoever scores more points is the best. If you want to play at getting along, then piss off."

I zoned out after that. But, then, 10 minutes passed, and a roar of voices shook me out of my reverie. I decided to be swept along with the crowd.