Chapter 11

Yesterday evening we set up camp. Today we start this revolution. Yes we are only eight people. We will be seen and won't be stopped.

"Okay. Today is day 2 of the Royal festivities" Hunter explains as he leans over the temporary table.

"And there'll be a gathering of everyone, including the Royals here" Rowan points as at the town-centre on the map that lays on top of the table.

"So we go in and cause some chaos, make us and our cause known, then get out of there." I finish. 

"Everyone know what their doing?" Rowan asks. Everyone nods and we then set off, carrying the required equipment in our bags. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently standing in a hidden alleyway near the stage, where three of the Royals are standing as they make some speech. The loud bang rings through the streets and Match comes into view, the Royal guards run towards him. As they approach they draw their deadly silver weapons. Match shows no fear,  but gives me the signal.

I pick up a cross bow I brought and aim it so it'll just miss one of the Royals. Within moments the arrow whistles through the air and lands where it should. The crowd face the alleyway, confusion written on their faces. When I hear the footsteps of the guards I know it's time to climb to the rooftops. 

Before the guards can even get close to me, another arrow shoots through the air from the other side of the stage. The guards start to spread out. I pull myself up onto the rooftop where I can overlook the crowd, now a large group of werewolves who are rather confused. As much I would enjoy watching their confusion, I have work to do.

Crouching down I rummage through the bag I brought, then I find the banner and pull it out. It is actually quiet large, which is necessary for the job it's to do. I smooth it out and tie the top two corners to the building with some rope. Then, I roll it open so the world can see it. Quickly after I grab my bag and exit the roof, heading to my next destination. If everything is going to plan then the rest of the guys and Kaia should be distracting the guards while I do the work. 

As I reach the stage I catch the last glimpse of the Royals being moved to a safer area. Further away from the stage I can see Rowan and Match making quite the scene. Perfect. I dig through my bag for the cold metal of the spray paint. Once I find it I remove its cap and spray on the words in black. 

Royal Rogues. 

Then within moments I'm gone, only leaving my work behind. I sprint away I knowing everyone else is exiting too, our job done - we're going to be know. First step of our revolution complete. I take one last glance at the scene. A large banner hanging from some rooftop. Bold red letters reading Rogue Rights.

Not long after we leave the town-centre we regroup and continue running away, not looking where we were running, but knowing we were heading in the right direction. Soon enough I knew I was distracted and we weren't on our route. I was too distracted, I didn't pay attention. And now I could hear the sound of border patrols - too late to get back on track.

Thought after thought swirls in my brain, rushing in and out, causing chaos, making it hard to concentrate and form a plan. Only one thought stays, the one of dread, but it is the only possibility - the one thing we can't afford, but can't deny. If I'm right and I should be, then this is the territory of Kaia's mate. And now is not the time. The revolution has only begun. 

All the others knew by now. I turn to face Kaia, "Kaia, I'm going to tell you to do one thing, don't question, just do. You're going to run and you are not going to stop until you reach camp, where you'll wait for us. And Match is going with you" I inform her.

"What's happening? I can hel..." Kaia urgently asks.

"Just do it. If anyone comes then hide, we'll find you. Everything is going to be fine" I cut her off, this time she doesn't argues, but gives me a weak smile. I give a nod to Match, which he returns.

Then. They run.