𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

——•——
Day One

——•——Day One

——•——

"𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑 this morning we made contact with your parents; we'll travel them here as quickly as possible... and the quarantine order will be lifted soon, not just for you but for all the victims, at which point you'll all be free to see each other."

Thalia stared blankly at the man speaking to her from across the desk. It wasn't that she didn't have anything to say, God knows she had so much to say and ask, but she didn't particularly want to speak to the man. She mostly suspected that he didn't have or wasn't willing to give her the answers that she was looking for regarding her questions about.. everything and therefore she had no reason to engage in conversation with him.

"Just to be clear... our primary goal was to conduct an investigation. There's a lot of haze surrounding your circumstances that we just want to clarify and I cannot stress this enough but... this is just a conversation, that's all."

Thalia acknowledged the man was speaking by offering a small nod once he had finished but she still kept her gaze steady on the table separating them. She felt like a little kid being scolded by a teacher in school for misbehaving with her arms crossed and head down. In her defence she wasn't sure what stance was socially acceptable in this kind of situation, not many people would.

"This is my colleague, Agent Young, he's going to be running point on this... he's the investigator in charge, brass tax guy if you will, but me... I'm here for you Thalia, to make sure you feel safe. As a trauma specialist that is my soul and sacred duty."

Thalia still didn't speak but she curiously glanced up when the man was introducing her to his colleague. She felt intimidated being stared down by two strangers that both had something to do with the single-handedly most traumatic experience of her life. Their gazes made her feel small and insignificant, like she was a piece of dirt underneath  their shoes.

"...You thirsty? Would you like," The man bent down and reached underneath the table and pulled himself back up along with a rustling brown paper bag. ", Something to drink?" He offered as he set the bag down on the table and in front of himself.

"Let's see..." He murmured as he began rustling around in the bag. Thalia watched him inquisitively, studying every single one of his actions but she still didn't speak. She thought maybe the man was more nervous than she was, he forgot to introduce himself and was mumbling and stumbling over his words, Thalia took some comfort in the fact that she wasn't the only one.

"I didn't know what you liked so we've got a bit of a grab-bag here." He explained as he pulled one drink after another out of bag. It was like the bag went on forever because all sorts of drinks you could think of ended up on the table. "See anything calling your name?"