41| "Why'd you leave me"

"Hey mom?" Amara said where she was standing at the foot of the bed with her elbows bent and her chin propped in her palm

I exerted my eyes from my phone to her and the biggest smile was on her face.

"You know, I think you like Ace." She says and I narrow my eyebrows at her.

"What do you mean? I don't like him." I said, but I knew I did.

"Okay enough about talking about Ace and get to bed your going to start school tomorrow."

"Agh." She groaned and fell face foward on the bed and she slowly rolled down until she was laying on the floor.

I laughed.

"Come get in bed please." I said with a smile.

She sighed beofre standing up and getting into the duvet.

I soon follow after her.

___

It's late at night. 11pm specifically  when my body decided to wake up.

I decided to go downstairs to the lights were on in the foyer and when I look to the left the light to the kitchen is on.

I probably shouldn't go there, but I do. When I get there I see Ace, still in the same clothes from today.

He's leaned back on the edge of the island, his back to me as he faces the floor to ceiling windows up front.

He seems to notice my presence and his head turns to the side, shpwing his shaprt side profile and he asks, "why are you up Naomi?"

"I just randoly woke up." I said leaning on the door frame with my arms crossed.

He slowly turns his body around so it was facing me and leans foward on the kitchen island, interlocking his hands with each other.

He slowly looks me up and down only seeing a silky white night dress.