𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 - 𝑨 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆'𝒔 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝑾𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

I awoke into nothingness, the darkness and melancholy of the abyss enveloping me. After spending months of my post-earth existence here, I had come to terms with the fact that my mortal body was dead, but still - my soul continues to live on. I had expected the afterlife to be peaceful, and transcendent, but it was nothing as I had suspected, or hoped.

Instead of the heavenly other world that we had all been raised to believe awaited for us after passing, I was stuck in an endless void of emptiness, with nothing else but myself and the thoughts of my mind to entertain myself.

I can't tell you how much I hated it there, awakening each morning after my slumber, only to be greeted once again with the blackness of the abyss, waiting for me to resume another miserable day of my existence.

It was only after many days of reflection had I realised just how much I missed life on earth, and how good it was after all.

Though I don't think it was the planet that I missed, it was one of the people on it. My lover, William Afton, specifically. Those lonely says in the void caused me to long for him even more than I had when I was on earth. I woke up every day for weeks with the hope that I would hear his voice, see his face, and be able to touch him again...

But one one thing is for sure, I don't regret dying with him.

And so, I sat patiently every day, waiting for my love to return. Until one day, everything changed...