CHAPTER 1- BAD BITCH

"Gusto ko na lang din maging kontra-bida," himutok ko habang nakatitig sa sandamakmak na folders sa harap ko ngayon

The number of suicide cases in the country continues to rise in recent months, with some deaths being definitively attributed to suicide while others remain unclear.

A case in point is that of Elias Placinto and Liam Ong, where even Detective Lesia believes the deaths were murders made to look like suicides.

Adding to the tragedy is Alexa Cerrsa, a brilliant student from a wealthy family who attended Frince Academy. She was considered the shining star of the school, excelling in science, English, and math. Despite her achievements, she chose to end her life, citing exhaustion in her suicide note.

Another name on the list is Lorenz Mixen, a renowned painter in the country. His suicide note suggests that he took his life after being rejected by a woman he had been pursuing for some time.

Although we cannot fully comprehend the personal battles of others, it is difficult for me to believe that the reasons behind these suicides were weighty enough to justify such an extreme course of action.

"Coffee?" alok sa akin ni Theorhys na kakapasok lang ng TROPS house.

The TROPS house holds a unique significance as it was constructed exclusively for our circle of friends. With the passage of time, we were able to transform it into a multi-functional area that served as both a workspace and a relaxing retreat.

The credit for this fantastic idea goes to Five, who is now regarded as one of the top architects in the country. The concept was an instant hit among us since we love to gather and mingle at least one or twice a month, and the house has provided us with an ideal ambiance to do just that.

"Salamat," nakangiti kong sabi.

"You're welcome," tipid nitong tugon at naupo sa kabilang couch.

The night we witnessed the murder in disguise was a pivotal moment that altered the course of our lives. Together, we made the difficult decision to relinquish our medical careers and embark on different paths.

I found my true calling in law enforcement, rising to become a highly respected detective, while my friend Theorhys pursued his passion for justice, earning a reputation as a trusted prosecutor.

Sunod na dumating ay si Cyan. Cyan is widely regarded as one of the most accomplished psychologists in the industry. His expertise in psychology has earned him a reputation as a highly respected practitioner, and he now runs his own clinic. It's no surprise to us that he excelled in this field, given that he is always been the smartest among us.

"MID. Murder in disguise," basa ni Cyan sa label ng folder. "Iyan pa rin pala ang pinagkakaabalahan mo?"

Pilit naman akong ngumiti sabay tango. "Walang bago," tipid kong tugon.