Chapter 1

"Come with me, we can get away from all this, start something new, something special. Just us and our son. We can be a tribe all our own, the Se tribe."

"We don't know what we are having S'reha. It could be a little girl."

"No way. I can tell, Nama. He is gonna be a hero someday."

"As long as he is happy, that's what's important."

"He will be. We will make sure of that."

A gentle breeze blew past R'ynnama, her arrow knocked on her bow. She was still and unmoving and just as she was about to release her arrow, a snap of a branch alerted her prey, sending it dashing off. She cursed under her breath, turning quickly to find the source of the snap. 

"Who in the seven hells scared off my prey!? Show yourself!" She snapped, her arrow still knocked. 

"Are you going to shoot me if I do?" There is a response, a deep almost mocking tone in his voice. It was smooth though, like cold water on a hot day. 

"I might." She growled. "If you keep trying my patience then I will shoot without hesitation." 

"A sound answer I suppose there isn't much of a choice here." The man chuckled before stepping out from behind a rock. His baby blue hair was tied up, a part of his braided and wrapped around the ponytail. Blue eyes widened when he saw R'ynnama for the first time though she made no attempt to lower her bow. Her ears twitched at the sight of a male Miqo’te from another tribe. 

"Tell me your name and tribe." She demanded.

"This is a lot to ask of someone just because they accidentally scared your prey." He rethought his words as she drew back her bow readying to fire. "S'reha! My name is S'reha Tia I'm a member of the S tribe, I live out in the lochs. You're in my tribe's territory so I came to investigate." He answered. "Is that satisfactory for you?"

R'ynnama finally lowered her bow. R'ynnama Sheh, of the R tribe. Daughter of Sheh. I live within the city" She answered, attaching her bow to her back. "I wasn't aware there was a tribe with territory here." 

"The tribe is migrating closer to the city in order to set up trade with tribes within. Seems like this meeting may have been fate after all." S'reha smirked, crossing his arms. 

"You're cocky, S'reha. I don't know about this fate you speak of, but if you wish to set up trade with the tribe in the city, my brother, R'reth is the current Nuhn and leader of our tribe. I can arrange a meeting with your Nuhn. In exchange, you provide me with the prey you scared away." R'ynnama said as she strode over to S'reha. For her feisty personality, she was far shorter than S'reha, holding out a hand to him.

"That's all you want? Piece of cake." S'reha laughed, taking her hand. "I'll show you the ideal hunting spot, it's not far." S'reha beamed, motioning for R'ynnama to follow as he strode off.

R'ynnama sighed, but accepted his offer to show her this hunting spot. She followed closely behind him, half listening as S'reha babbled on about the area. S'reha had taken an interest in the land, enjoying exploring and cataloging the different creatures and plants. He was mapping out the area as well to make it easier for travelers to pass through Gyr Abania. R'ynnama was fascinated with S'reha's dedication, though it was outside what most tribes handled, she couldn't deny its benefits as it let out on an overhang, looking down on a group of Abbadon, completely unaware of their presence. 

"There isn't much in the Lochs that are huntable. Most of the creatures here are salt creatures, save these guys. One of these guys could feed your tribe for a week so long as it's cleaned and kept properly." S'reha beamed. 

"You know a lot." R'ynnama stated, glancing over at S'reha.

"I just enjoy learning about my home here. It has a lot to offer if we know where to look." S'reha hummed. "I can't be cocky if I don’t know what I'm talking about." S'reha added with a wink at R'ynnama. She ignored S'reha, knocking her bow. "Ah, hold on,  I haven't told you where to aim." S'reha reminded her. "They've got a weak spot on their front, there is too much meat anywhere else to serve a killing blow. Aim right around here." S'reha explained, touching the spot where his chest met his neck. "You seem like a skilled hunter I'm sure you can figure out where that spot-" 

R'ynnama released her arrow before S'reha even finished speaking. The abbadon made a sound before it dropped dead, the others quickly hopping away. 

"You were saying?" R'ynnama raised an eyebrow at him

"Seems I was right you are an incredibly skilled hunter." S'reha could only be described as starstruck as he stared up at R'ynnama. 

R'ynnama sighed, hopping down off the overhang as she made her way over to the abbadon. S'reha took a moment to get his bearings again before hopping down to follow after. She circled around the creature, looking over it as she pulled out her arrow. 

"I can give you a hand bringing it back if you need?" S'reha offered as he caught up.

"That won't be necessary. My hunting party isn't far, I can get it there." R'ynnama stated, tossing some ropes around the abbadon, tying it off. "You are free to go and tell your Nuhn about our agreement." R'ynnama said, dragging the abbadon away from S'reha, leaving the man dumbfounded as he watched her drag it off. 

"Oh Rhalgr, I will marry the woman someday…" S'reha muttered, unable to take his eyes off R'ynnama's disappearing figure.