The Nightヽ(°□° )ノ

When my foot landed on the ground it was sharp at 8 o'clock in the morning. I stretched my back and arched a little to relax my body after a long ride here.

When I got out of the platform, the fresh morning breeze welcomed me and the bright sunlight assured me that I did not make a wrong decision by choosing this place as my project work for this semester's assignment.

I was very giddy and enthusiastic that I did not even pay any attention to the time while I was there. By the time, it kinda started raining, I became hungry and spotted a small ramen shop nearby for a shelter and food.

While eating I checked my phone for the first time. It was when a message popped up in my phone informing the train I was supposed to take to return will be 1 and a half hour late. Rather being tensed, I became excited knowing I will get more time to know this place and use as more raw informations as possible for my assignment.

Only if I knew what mysteriously menacing bizarre effect it will create for the rest of my life.

After finishing my meal, I started my journey to know the unknown. I gathered information related to the place, the water, the weather, the transportation, the farming system, their dialects and every other aspect related to my project from the indigenous people.

It took more time than I expected and the last thing I would have wanted was to miss the last train in this unknown place at this late night.

I checked before coming to this place that due to this place's undeveloped railway service there were only 2 trains per day which comes to this station.

However, I rushed to the platform before the informed time but to my surprise, the platform was empty without any announcements and most weirdly without any trace of passengers. There was only local people retuning to their houses after a long day of work.

I knew I couldn't be late since I reached at the same time they informed everyone the train will departure. But when I opened my phone, I couldn't believe my eyes after seeing the new message from that same railway department. There was another update from them telling "Dear passengers, for some technical reasons it would have been late as told but since the problem got solved in very short time, the train will leave the station in its usual time, we apologise for any inconvenience"

"Sorry, my foot-" I cursed a couple of times and could not think about anything else. Not to mention about this place's spooky environment. There was not a single stall of food in the platform I saw, when I reached here in the morning and on top that there was no trace of any human being close by.

Compared to the blissful and glorious morning the night was more of a dreadful, gloomy and lousy.

Nothing but to walk. After waiting for around 1 hour no train came. I knew it already but as a human can hope, I also kept on waiting. The cool night breeze tried to freshen me up and it did eventually. I gathered my things and despondently got up from my position where I sat to rest a bit.

I started walking slowly thinking of returning to any nearby cottage when I heard some noise, precisely it was footsteps coming right behind me. First, I thought it was normal but they were kinda changing the pace whenever I was changing.

I was getting scared, I was too scared to look back. My legs were getting stiffed, I couldn't walk faster as it seemed the footsteps were now right behind my ear. Before, I could start to run, one strong hand gripped my elbow tightly and yanked me backwards. I fell on the ground vulnerably, I got hurt in my back as it hit the stone hard ground. I looked up timidly when a male raspy voice addressed me "You slut, what are you doing here at this hour?"

🎉 You've finished reading ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ғɪʀᴇғʟɪᴇs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪᴄʜᴀsᴇᴏɴ ꪑ ᴏɴᴇ-sʜᴏᴛ|| ᴋᴛʜ•༆ 🎉