Chapter 11 - The Fall

We were stunned seeing a large number of soldiers using white glowing flames attires marching slowly towards an old dome building which I believe it must be the school. We saw the barricades marching onwards from the front to the end, at the tip of the end, we saw something that make us shivered down our spine. There was one black creature, its head look like a goat with large curved pointed horns. Its body was covered in black piercing feathers with wings at its back. One of it hands clutched a sharp arc axe. And as I saw its feet, I realized that it wasn't walking alone. There were more and more numbers of black creatures marching behind it. They were more terrifying that it would definitely overshadowed my mind. They were formed human, but its skin covered with black slime which it smell like hell from afar. But their hollowed skin were more traumatizing my soul. Their fleshes torned apart and some were dragged along leaving black bloody mark on the road. This was worse than my worse nightmare.

"Congratulations. You just made the world war III. Otherworldly," Peeta scolded me.

I clenched both my fists tightly. My body heated fast causing irregular heavy breath on my chest. I sweat and my legs trembled.

"Peeta, stop it!" David pushed Peeta harshly.

"Why? She is the one to blame!" He replied furiously, "What we do here is a bullshit! Alpha told us to follow the light?" He chuckled cynically, "ridiculous. He just wanted to protect us, no," He shook his head, "he wanted to protect her! The divine girl who didn't even care about the school, about this land." He pointed his finger to the school. "How about the other students? The teachers? The guards? She is not worth defending with the cost of others life falling in vain!"

His words brutally stoned every inch of my body. He was awfully right. I was no one, not worth defended. If the only thing to stop the war is my death, then be it. My tears break out. I must bite the bullet. But this such a depressing way to die, I couldn't lie.

I felt huge pain stroking my chest. It made me stumbling backwards to the ground. I grasped the soil I stumbled on, crawled in anguish. I can't hold it no more. Just like what I did the first time I was here, I decided to run away. I left them behind with the lantern.

"Anna!" David called me despite of being discovered.

My cheeks was scratched by the barks and sharp leaves as I ran in speed to the bleak forest. With no light, I lost my vision, I lost tracks. In seconds, I fell down hitting the ground rolling as the gravity pulled me downward. My uniform slightly torn apart by the gravel, slashing my skin leaving scars. I felt stings as the wounds wrapped in mud. Then suddenly I bumped very hard to a large tree, which fortunately ceased me from rolling down. Yet, my shoulder, my chest, my stomach, my legs, all my body sensated unbearable pain. I laid there hopelessly. Crying. Am I going to die now?

Do you ever feel, you were sent to an unknown dimension unnotified. You felt overwhelmed but still expecting good things, good life, good neighbours, good environment. But the dimension you were born into, cluttered to pieces. It was because you didn't know the rules to live there and you trespassed the rule innocently. There's a saying, "Ignorance is not innocence but sin"*. This was how I felt at the moment. My ignorance of myself, of the world I lived in, of the land I was sent to, lead me to an unavailing death.

I can do nothing. I deserved to die. I felt harsh pressured in my chest. But I'm afraid. I breathed heavily. Please help me. I huddled squeezing my ache body. I beg. I cried. I want to be saved. "Please help!" I howled in agony, disrupting living creatures through out the forest causing riotous noise. In seconds, my existence was exposed. Not only to David and Peeta, but also to enormous numbers of white soldiers and dark creatures.

__________________________________________________
*Quote from Robert Browning