1

Damian could feel himself regaining consciousness. He could hear the humming of lights. Damian sniffed the air. The distinguishable smell of fish and salt was in the air.

'I'm near the harbor?'

Damian attempted to move. He quickly found himself bound to a chair and his mouth covered by an adhesive.

'Great; I'm being held for ransom.'

The young Wayne opened his eyes and looked around. A spotlight was held high above his head, giving him a vague appearance of where he was being held. It was obvious there was a table close to him, but it was still shrouded by darkness. Most of the area around him was dark, but he could make out crates. Damian adjusted himself in his chair and found his phone was still in his jacket.

'I was captured by an amateurs'? At least, I will be found easily. Father and the others should be here, soon.'

Damian felt his blood run cold when laughter filled the air.

'Joker?'

Damian squinted his eyes as the lights in the warehouse turned on, lighting up the area more. The crates were more visible. Behind the crates was a different story; it was still shrouded by darkness. Damian could now see there was tools laid out on the table. It was easy to spot the needle filled with the laughing serum. He watched as Joker emerged from the shadows, his smile and bleach white skin giving away his location, easily.

"Nothing personal, Brat, but your father has something I want." Joker laughed, "He's going to be funding JokerLand! A carnival all year round!"

The Joker waltzed over and plucked Damian's phone out of his pocket.

'Shit! It's still on civilian mode.'

Joker pressed all of Damian's fingers against the scanner until it unlocked.

"Let's call the last number you called and get the ball rolling!" Joker cackled, "Angel? Who knew Bruce's brat had a soft spot for someone. The press would go nuts for this kind of information. This should make for an interesting call."

Damian sat silently as the call was place.