1 : The Day Someone Made Me Smile

*CRASH*

*BANG*

*WACK*

"SANJI!!!"

Hearing the commotion out in the dining hall, I stopped chopping the vegetables laid out before me and headed towards the kitchen exit. Being at the Baratie is, as customers say, interesting. It's a funny word, isn't it? It means something gains your curiosity, holding or catching your attention. {Nothing is "interesting", it's all an excuse for why we're bored. Find something to bring out the excitement or happiness in your dull, plain, sad existence}

As I walk out the creaking paddle doors, I can already see the ruckus being caused. Tables tipped over and broken, wasted food sprawled all over the dining area, and a raging Sanji currently holding a broken, bloody, pink haired Marine by the neck, glaring daggers into his very soul. It seems Patty has already witnessed it, as he stood not too far away, looking pissed. He had started scolding Sanji, talking about how a restaurant's customers are everything and that they should be treated like kings. He seems to hate that rule {hate everything}, as he's just standing there, not listening or caring about a thing the other cook says.

"Customer or not, it's no different. This guy not only ruined our dishes, he also insulted it's chef!" Sanji stated through clenched teeth before dropping the man onto the floor, continuing to glare at him. "It's why I thought I should teach him a lesson." Everyday, people are starving, scavenging for any scraps of food they can find, while others are so rich they can afford any amount of sweets, yet they waste so much of it. Here at the Baratie, we try to save every crumb we possibly can. I think it's kind of a hassle, but the other chefs seem to disagree, especially Sanji.

After examining the rest of the large dining hall, I observed three people standing in the entrance of the restaurant. There was an orange haired woman wearing a V-neck shirt and an orange skirt, a long nosed man with goggles and black curly hair tucked inside a hairnet, and a strong looking man with three katanas latched onto his waist with his hair the color of moss. They seem to be watching the scene Sanji's causing, as well. The Moss man and the woman don't seem that surprised, while the long nosed man looked scared out of his wits.

"What kind of restaurant is this?" I look back toward the fight to see the pink haired Marine shaking on the ground where he fell, I think more out of anger than fear. "Do you treat all your customers this way? How does it even stay in business? I'll destroy it! I'll destroy your precious little restaurant. I'll destroy it! I'll contact my superiors right now!"

"Well, I guess that means I can't let you leave this place alive." Sanji stated with an icy glare. As he started walking towards the strawberry man, the other cooks started trying to hold him back. It took all of our staff to keep him in place, most of the work done by Patti, and still, they were struggling to stop him from moving. I wanted to help, and it seemed like some of the cooks were thinking the exact same thing, seemingly trying to signal me over, but...-

All of a sudden, the ceiling started caving in. Wooden beams fell around us, a giant hole forming, allowing us to look through all of the upper floors to the sky. Seeing what might have fallen, I notice that there were two people laying in the rubble. One of them was a straw hatted ravenette, whom I've never seen before, and the beside him laid none other than our peg-legged Head Chef, Zeff-oyaji. "Man, that surprised me!" Stated the kid, out of breath from his fall, which he didn't have enough time to gain back. "Damn it, see what you did?! You broke my ceiling! It's all your fault, boy!" Zeff-oyaji yelled in the kid's face. "You broke it yourself, old man!" He shouted right back.

"What are you doing, Boss?! Leave him and help us stop Sanji here!" The two broke up their little glaring contest to see Sanji still trying to escape from the grasp of all our chefs, their feet sliding on the floor from how strong the blonde was pulling them. Zeff-oyaji suddenly gained a scowl, limping toward the fiasco. The kid stayed where he was, looking on with a blank face and his straw hat tipped upwards.