0.03

"Hey! Nova!" I turned my head towards the source of the sound, which had been coming from the lockers behind me. Dean Anderson waved his hand in the air, signalling for me to come over to him.

Dean wore a nervous smile on his face as I approached him. "What's up?" I greeted when I stopped in front of him.

"I was just wondering how your weekend was, and I was gonna ask if I could walk you to class?" He offered. I smiled at him and nodded. Dean grabbed a book out of his locker before shutting it and turning in the direction of my class.

We started walking when I remembered he asked about my weekend. "I started piano lessons on Saturday actually. I thought it would be a total bust but it actually wasn't that bad. My mom forced me to go."

Dean laughed as we walked up the stairs, "You don't look like someone who would take up piano lessons voluntarily."

"Yeah, I guess. How was your weekend?" I asked.

"I went to a lame party. It would have been better if you came along." Dean jabbed at my side as we reached my classroom. I laughed quietly and turned away from him.

"I'll see you at lunch then." I waves at him and walked into the room and took my seat.

"Hey Nov," Juliana Novak spoke. "What happened at piano practice? You didn't text me like you said you would." She pouted jokingly.

"Sorry, when I got home my mom made me do a whole bunch of stuff and it was pretty late ," I apologised quickly with a made-up excuse. "Anyway, I honestly thought that my teacher was gonna be a creepy 80 year-old who sucks at teaching but when I got there it was this twenty-something brown haired guy who was actually really nice and he was really tall. Plus he had the cutest laugh ever. Also let's not forget about his English accent." I rambled, sighing at the end as I remember what Mr. Howell was like.

"Wait, really? He's English? Nova you scored!" Juliana punched my arm and laughed as the bell rang.

"I'll tell you and Dean the rest at lunch." I said as our teacher came into the room. I tried to keep my imagination at rest as class started, at least until I could tell my friends at lunch.

The bell rung, releasing us from class and to our lunches. Juliana grabbed her bag and waited for me to place my things in mine before exiting the classroom and walking to lunch. The pair of us met up with Dean at the lunchroom doors and we walked into the line to get our food.

"So," Dean started when we sat at a table. "How was this piano lesson then?"

"Get this, her instructor is English." Juliana exaggerated.

"Really? Nice! What's his name?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, I know right? His name is Mr. Howell, he's also a fucking giant." I spoke, stirring around the spaghetti and sauce on my plate. I took a bite and look up at my friends as I sat chewing, an expecting look on both of their faces.

"Well, tell us what happened!" Juliana raised her voice while Dean nodded.

"It was the first day, guys, it's not like I learned anything about actually playing the piano." I said as I swallowed my food. "It was more like a 'get-to-know-each-other-because-you'll-be-together-once-a-week-for-seven-months' type thing."

"Okay, well tell us what he asked you or something." Dean spoke up as he opened his milk carton.

"Mr. Howell asked me what my guilty pleasure was, and what kind of music I listen to. You won't believe this," I paused, laughing a little bit before starting again. "His guilty pleasure is that he has watched, and continues to watch, The Sound of Music so many times that he can nearly recite it word-for-word. I don't know why he told me that, though. Also he still listens to My Chemical Romance which is actually hilarious since he's like a twenty-two year old giant."

"Wait, he still listens to MCR? I say that as if I don't anymore. What did you tell him you listened to?" Juliana asked.

"I told him the truth, that I'm emo." I paused again as Juliana and Dean had a fit of laughter. "I - well - I didn't tell him exactly that. I just told him that I listen to Twenty One Pilots, All Time Low, Cage the Elephant..."

"Sounds like a hell of a lesson, Nov." Dean said.

"But wait, is he hot? He is pretty young, remember." Juliana interjected.

"Of course you would ask, Jules. I was completely expecting it. And yes, if I do say so myself." I smiled. "And no, I will not get his number for you." Juliana frowned and pushed me a little, then went back to her plate of food.

"You're no fun." She pouted and scooped up a forkful of noodles.