The X-Men

The other children of the Avengers weren't as interested in stories about the other heroes. They were cool, but they weren't their parents.

Except for Azari. Son of Storm, he fed of stories of both the X-men, and the heroes of his father's homeland of Wakanda.

Storm.
Wolverine.
Jean Grey.
Nightcrawler.
Professor X.
Cyclops.
Kitty Pryde.
Rogue.

All died at Ultrons hands, of course, but they all felt like another part of Azari. The X-Men were as much as part of his family as the Avengers of the past.

And Tony understood this. He told him all the tales he knew of the Mutant team's heroism.

The team had faced so much hate from the people they had protected. Because they were mutants. And Azari was one too.

While he had skills inherited from his dad, his energy powers came from his mother and her X gene.

His mother could manipulate storms and control the weather the world round. And all he could make was a electricity panther.

He was sure he made his mom proud. He was proud he had both the gifts of his parents. But he wished he could do more with the ones given by his mother, to honor her with his own strength.

But there was no one to help him hon his ablities. Ultron had wiped out all mutants early into his regime.

Azari was the only one left.

And everyone knew. They understood the weight he felt, being the last of a sub-species his mother hailed from.

Toran sort of understood, being the only god on earth. But she wasn't the only one in all the universe.

Tony had had suspicions Wolverine had been alive for a while but had given it up. He would have come out of hiding by now.

Azari was the last of the mutant race.

Or so everyone thought.