CH1. ; BEDRIDDEN

CHAPTER 1;
BEDRIDDEN.

--- she awoke. elizah gasped as her body jolted up from her bed, her head pounding. she counted down from 10, to 10, down from 5 and more till she managed to stable her own breathing.

the woman shifted off the bed, changing her clothes; and putting her boots on. as elizah walked, the floorboards began to creek, as if she wasn't already paranoid from the strange dream she had the previous night. perhaps, she's been paranoid; but she isnt wrong for doing so. 

just as she exited the room, she was greeted by the one who had saved her, and she felt her confidence rise again; and the paranoia began to vanish into thin air. 

"elizah, elizah," he dragged on, he smelt like alcohol, though not unusual for him. "i have a mission for you," colm grinned, "you'll love it. walk with me." a faint sigh escaped her lips, considering she had done a mission a few days prior; and ended up with her almost getting murdered on sight. 

the two began to walk, making it to a campfire, to which the stares she had received made her slightly uncomfortable. "elizah, and the rest of you, will be going on a mission." she winced at the fact only he remembered her name.

 "look, colm, i appreciate the fact you're listening to me--" colm growled, continuing on what he was saying. "we know where dutch's boys are, and i want you guys to wing it. at least one of you should sneak into the camp, somehow, some way. i dont care." elizah sighed, not having an ounce of hope that they'd all make it out alive.

one of the o'driscoll boys spoke up, "when?" which resulted in colm becoming aggressive, "now!" he shouted. the four scurried off to the wagon. 

--

"we have ridden for ages, are we at least almost there?" elizah asked, and one grunted a quick reply. "yes shortcake, we're almost there. and it hasn't been ages." they shortly came to an abrupt stop.

elizah recognized the area, they were close to valentine, but not too close. one of the boys jumped to the back of the wagon with elizah, staring at her eyes, to her lips. she began to shake a bit, as he ripped off the green tie from her outfit. 

they managed to trick a poor fella into helping them with finding the horses, but instead of letting him help; they shot him and framed him as the driver. elizah hated killing innocent folk, thats something she disagreed with her formal peers about. 

"so, lady, you see anyone?" he snarled, noticing she was a bit frightened. she shook her head, before spotting someone. "that's one of dutchs boys, aint it?" they took a look, and nodded before beginning to shoot about. elizah went to take cover, but was caught in crossfire when she was shot in the leg, another bullet grazing her cheek, and another grazed her arm, ripping the fancy dress she wore. 

elizah whimpered in pain, not expecting any of this to happen; nor was a proper planned establish. one of them got on top of her before shooting occurred, he managed to knock her out with the handle of the rifle he had, before being shot in the back of the head, collapsing next to her. 

her eyes opened by a small amount, leaving a blur of the outside. "she'll be alright," an older lady seemed to reassure a man. "hopefully we can get 'er out before she wakes." he sighed, it sounded like he had regret for saving her. 

elizah's wounds weren't great; yet she was bedridden. her body ached, she attempts to recall what had happen. maybe the wagon was moving, by someone who was moving, but that was all she could remember. the woman groaned in pain, physical, and emotional.

"oh dear, shes waking up."