Sleepless Night

The moonlight peaked through the curtains making a shadow appeared on the two young adults in bed. A cool breeze surrounding the room. Mike Wheeler was passed out while his fiancé Eleven Hopper was sitting at end of the bed with her arms around her. A nightmare had awoken her, a past nightmare. The kind of nightmares she hated with every inch of her body.

As she tried to silence herself and taking deep breaths to calm her racing nerves and mind. She soon realized that the deep breaths or any calming methods she did when she was like this, wasn't working. She wanted to wake up Mike but she shook that thought out of her mind rather quick not wanting to wake him up to calm her down and ruin his sleep.

Eleven knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep with the memory still lingered in her mind. She got up and walked to the bathroom quietly not to wake up her loved one. She stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself. She hated how she could still feels the presence of the man she once called papa.

She hated how every once in a while a image of him would pop in her mind and she always had to act like she was past it all. She hated how she still had the fear that one day he would find her and bring her back to the lab.

A raged breath escaped her mouth as she banged her fist on her thigh repeatedly. She looked up at herself in the mirror immediately seeing Brenner behind her, his hand on her shoulder with that sickly evil sweet smile plasted on his face.

Eleven shut her eyes closed bringing her hands and hitting her head, "Get out of my head. Get out of my head. Get out of my head. STOP STOP STO-" She was cutt off by a pair of lips on hers. Melting into the kiss, her muscles relaxing. The world seemed to slow down around her. The memorys that played in her mind stopping leaving her mind blank.

The kiss only lasting a minute. Her eyes opening being meet with a pair of beautiful brown eyes that she fallen in love with. "What's wrong love." Mike asked softly as he connected his forehead with the girl in front of him. El's eyes drifting to the floor hesitating if she should tell Mike.

He laced his fingers through hers, bringing them up to his face planting a sweet kiss on them. He slowly brought El closer to him getting rid of the open space between them. "A past nightmare." He whispered looking at the smaller girl shaking in his arms. El slowly nodded her head on his chest.

Mike picked up El sitting on the toliet, her legs wrapping around his waist. He rubbed different shapes on her back in attempt to calm her down. The whole time Mike spent whispering sweet nothings and showering the shooked girl in his arms.

Once El had been calmed down, Mike brought her back in their room laying down on the bed. He pulled El closer to him, her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat, "Papa." El mumbled softly playing with the hairs on Mike's arm. "The nightmare." She added. A frown found its way to Mike's face. "He can't hurt you anymore. He's dead. I promise the day I knelt down one knee and ask you to be mine forever, I would protect you and I'm never letting that down." He sternly spoke looking into El's eyes.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with me. I don't know why you could love someone broken like me." El choked back on a sob. Mike's heart broke in a million pieces hearing that come from the girl he loves. "Sweetie..." He whispered, wiping away the tears on El's cheek. Tears of his own started to fall from his eyelids. "Please don't think of yourself like that. Your the most magnificent person I have ever laid eyes on. I wouldn't go after anyone else. Your are mine and that's never going to change."

Mike softly spoke. He lifted her chin up with his finger to make her look him in the eyes. "I'm sorry you had a terrible childhood, that you were treated like a lab rat. But I promise till I'm dead that I'm forever going to love you for you. I love you so so much. To me, I know that I'm the happiest and luckiest person on this planet. You know why? Cause I get to love you. I get to wake up beside you every day and see your smile, your laugh. The excitement you get over the smallest things. I could go on all day, but the point I'm trying to get to is I love you, only you." Mike cried with a smile on his face.

All El could do is look into her soon to be husband's eyes. A sob escaped her mouth as she pulled him closer to her, closing the gap between them.

"I love you" El whispered once she pulled away. Mike cupped El's cheek, "No. I love you." He replied kissing her jaw.

From that forward Eleven promised to not let her nightmares get the best of her. Of course with the help of Mike who was going to help her along the way. Every nightmare, problem, issue, they were going to get through it together. Both lovers excited to start the next chapter in their lives with the help each other.