chapter six

{ gunwook pov }

the next day, i eagerly arrived at school with ricky. today, everything would be different. after what happened yesterday night, sunhee and i would be closer, maybe even friends.

"what happened? why are you so happy today??" ricky asked.

"shen ricky, you are the best wingman a guy could ever ask for"

"um, thanks?? so what happened?"

"yesterday when sunhee and i went to the basketball courts, we became a lot closer and she even hugged me!"

"woah, that's great!" ricky congratulated, patting me on the back.

as we continued walking, i saw sunhee and her friends standing by their lockers and talking. i looked at her and we made eye contact briefly, before she turned away quickly.

"dude did you see that?! she totally ignored you" ricky commented.

"no she didn't!" i whined.

"she definitely did...but okay"

i sighed. maybe she's just busy and she'll say hi later.

-------------------------------------------------

{ minji pov }

"hello class, welcome back. as you guys know, beginning of the year testing is coming up soon, so you should be studying. how is managing your dolls going?" mrs. lee asked.

everyone groaned in exhaustion.

"how was solmi last night?" i asked ricky.

"she was surprisingly quiet. i smothered her in blankets and i guess she was fine"

"i can take her for the rest of the day" i responded.

"okay sure" ricky nodded.

he turned back to the teacher as she started today's lesson. although mrs. lee was speaking, my attention was on ricky.

his eyes are really pretty, i noticed.

i had to admit, ricky was really attractive. he usually wears his hair up with gel, but i guess he decided to do it differently today. his hair was down and he was wearing a black tshirt. if he wasn't one of those stupid popular guys, maybe i would even consider liking him in that way. but he is...so it doesn't matter. anyways-

"han minji, can you answer problem number 17?" mrs. lee asked, catching me by surprise.

"oh! um...um...problem seventeen right?"

mrs. lee nodded as i quickly flipped through the pages of my notebook.

"um...21?"

"correct" mrs. lee approved.

i looked to my side and noticed ricky smirking.

he got closer to me and whispered in my ear, "were you staring at me?"

my cheeks flushed in embarrassment as i responded, "n-no of course not. why would you think that?"

"no reason..." ricky teasingly smiled as he backed away.

i rolled my eyes and turned back to mrs. lee.

-------------------------------------------------

hello hanbin & friends 😻🎀