Chapter 17- You're being weird...

Alexandra

We settled for a late-night movie marathon in the Mendes' living room.

Their house isn't ginormous, but not too small either; it's quite homey, but cold.
All white, the walls, furniture, couches, everything. A few picture frames here and there, throw in a vase or two with flowers.

The whole house gives me creeps, as I'm sitting here one of the couches with Myles next to me. We're waiting for Lucas to return with snacks, it was his turn to refill the popcorn and drinks.

I stand up and walk to the other couch, taking a thin blanket from its armrest.
I sit back down, reaching over, I put the cover over both of our shoulders.

Myles looks up at me from his phone confused, then raised his lips into soft smile, his eyes crinkling from the sides. He doesn't protest, so I make no move to remove it.

"How are you, Al?" he whispers, catching me off guard with that sort of question. I snap my eyes to him, furrowing my brows.

"Uh," I start, "okay, I guess" I shrug a shoulder. He brushes his fingers against my cheek, pushing hair behind my ear. I side glance at him for such a random, sweet gesture.

"Really?" he muses, his voice low, keeping his eyes on me.

Okay, now this dude is making me nervous.

I lean further into the cushion, swallowing I look away and scoff, "Sure"

"You're being weird" he teases, his hand caressing my hair. I scoff again.

"Was that supposed to be an insult?"

Shaking his head, "Take it however you want, Al" he grins.

"You're being weird" I repeat his words, leaning away from him. "I hate you"

Myles leans closer, his finger tracing my jaw. I feel his breath on my skin, "Do you now?"

Uh

My heart forgets what its job is, beating erratically and not beating at all, in turn. He way too close. Not trusting my voice to come out clear, I shrug again, a ghost of smirk on my face.

I force myself to keep eye contact with him, "What are you doing?" I murmur.

"I don't know, what am I doing, Al?" he smirks. I push myself up, willing him to lean away with my hands on his shoulders. He catches one of my hands and pulls it to rest on his face.

I break into a grin, "You're being a weirdo" I answer him, "And a freak. Also, a loser and... whatnot. That's about it." I keep my voice quiet.

Myles chuckles, keeping his hand over mine on his cheek. He leans in, his nose touching mine. "That's your fault, Alexandra" His eyes on mine.

I try to keep my breathing in control, "Totally" I joke, rolling my eyes, a smile  gracing my lips.

His hand rubs my knee while the other, cups my neck. He drags his nose against my cheek a little, before looking into my eyes as if asking for a permission.

I forget how to breathe, lowering my hand to his shoulder. As soon as our breath becomes one, a shriek is heard.

We snap our heads to the doorway, Lucas standing there. I let my forehead fall onto Myles' shoulder sighing as he glares at his brother.

"You kill him. I'll bury"

"You did not just say that, Alex" Lucas says, his voice raising an octave.

We settle back onto our seats, resuming the movie.

"Anyway, the microwave-"

"Why are you still here?" Myles cuts him off.