Meeting Pete-Chapter 1

I sit alone at the bar as the party music thumps all around me. Boom, boom boom boom, boooooooooooom! Goes the music until I just can't take it anymore. I get up and walk over to ask the DJ for a special request.

"Hey Mr. DJ! Do you mind doing me a favor?" I ask. "Depends..." He grins and waggles his eyebrows. I slightly chuckle. "You have a dirty mind mister. Anyway I was just going to ask if you could play me a song, one of my favorites in fact." I ask, batting my eyelashes in a "Pretty pretty please!!!" sort of way.

Mr. DJ gave into my charm quite easily. "And what song would that be pretty lady?" He asked me. "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy." I replied.

"Can I get a name with that order?" He asked me with a smile. "Sure can!" I said and smiled brightly. "The names Katie but you can call me Kat for short, at least that's what all my friends call me." He smiled at this and proceeded to say. "My names Jake but you can call me Jake for short, that's what my friends call me." He winked and with that I walked away from the booth with a chuckle and back to my seat at the bar.

"Ok folks, this next song is a bit out of the norm but my new friend Kat over there," Jake said, pointing in my direction, "requested it. So here it goes!"

The familiar rhythm of the opening beat comes on and I can't help but tap my feet along with the beat. Jake had chosen the remix featuring Big Sean (A/N- forgive me if I'm wrong but it's late sorry!) but that was fine with me, just as long as it cancelled out the Nicki Minaj, boom boom bullshit.

I was singing along with Patrick Stump, totally jamming out to my favorite band when someone sat beside me. "So you like Fall Out Boy, Kat?" A masculine voice asked. I turned towards the voice to see that said stranger was looking at me curiously, only that wasn't a stranger!

The "stranger" was Pete Wentz, the amazingly HOT bass player and lyric writer, (aka the main reason FOB was my favorite band).

"U-u-ummmm... Yeah... That's me, but you get to call me Katie because I have no idea who you are." I said, even though you and I both know that was a lie.

"Well, Katie, my names Pete, Pete Wentz, the bass player and lyric writer for the band being featured per your request." He said, giving you a small smile.

"Oh! I didn't recognize you up close! In that case you can call me Kat!" I said, as he chuckled slightly. "Well Kat, mind if I buy you a drink?" He asked. "Not at all." I replied, blushing slightly.

He caught the bar tenders attention and said "Drink for the pretty lady?" gesturing to me. The bar tender smiled, "And what would the pretty lady like to drink?" He asked me.

"The pretty lady would like a beer." I said, smiling and winking flirtatiously at the bar tender. The bar tender walked away tossing the words "Coming right up!" over his shoulder.

I turned back to Pete who had a dark glint in his eye that quickly faded upon eye contact. "So how do you like being in the band?" I asked. "It's great!" He said. "But I get a little lonely when we're between practices and tours." He added.

"I'll bet! No girlfriend huh?" I said, boldly. He just shook his head almost wistfully. "Well that must suck!" I said in response to his non verbal answer. "Yeh, it does... It sucks ass!" He said and I giggled.

Just then my drink came back with a bar tender in tow. "Here's your drink pretty lady!" He said. The napkin around the drink, that the bar tender had so graciously put around the bottle, had words scribbled across it as well as some numbers.

When I got a closer look at the napkin it read: The names Dean. Call me!!! (123)-555-7492. I knew Pete had read it because I heard him suck in a breath and ball his fists. I smiled at him as I wadded up the napkin and tossed it into a nearby trash bin.

A look of shock crossed Pete's face. "You aren't even gonna keep that?" He asked. "No... Why would I? I'm not gong to use it anyway! Plus... I'm interested in someone else." The last bit of mumbled looking away, but he'd caught it.

Just then his cell phone rang and he answered it. "What Patrick?" He said with a sigh. "Ok... Nooooooo... Ugggggggggh FINE! Bye!" He hung up the phone.

"Do you have a napkin?" He asked me. "Yeah." I said, confused as I passed it to him. He took out a pen and jotted a few things down while sliding the napkin slightly in my direction. "I have to go. Emergency band meeting. Sorry! It was nice meeting you Kat!" He said. "It was nice meeting you too!" I said with a smile.

He gave me a quick hug and left the club. (I didn't come here to get a hook up if that's what you're thinking, I came to get away from my apartment that sucks!) I picked up the napkin.

Please don't throw this one away! I think that Mr. Someone Else is interested in you too! ;) Call me! (123)-555-9202 ~ Petey W. (P.s. This is a once in a lifetime autographed napkin, so don't throw it away!!!)

I giggled but then I stopped short. He knew I was interested in him? Maybe I made it obvious. Either way it doesn't matter. I definitely am not going to throw this napkin away.