Chapter 4: Karma Sucks!

Third Person's POV:

In an unknown location, the terrorists that have attacked Academy City are beginning to have a meeting as all of the executives gather in the conference room and wait for their Commander. They begin to discuss the purpose of this meeting, and then a light shines when a door opens.

"All rise. The meeting is now in session!" Someone said, as the Leader and the Lieutenant walked in. "The Commander and second in command presiding." The Commander said, as he and the Lieutenant sat down and so did the others. The Chief Executive then slammed a gavel. "Executive Levin, Is it true that you lost the esper-wielding power suits?" The Chief Executive asked. "Sadly, yes. But, the experiment did go as planned." He replied. "I see. Any information gained?" He asked. "We've already copied the technology of these esper-wielding powered suits and are beginning to create our own in the labs." Levin replied. "I see." The Leader said.

"Executive Sierra, Report about your investigation on Imagine Breaker!" He said. "Well, It seems that boy has learned to utilize his new attack and even acquired a new one. For an average high schooler, He's very skilled in critical thinking. And as for the White Tigress, I'd assume her power is that of a Level Four but because of her knowledge of her ability, I would say she is a Level Five." She said. "So it seems both Operation Thunder Shower and your investigation were successful." The Leader said, slamming his gavel. "Executive Gaul, You are free to begin your operation now." He said, pointing to the executive in black. "Yes sir." The Executive said.

Touma's POV:

On my way to school, I was still considering the proposal Ms. Kagari gave me. "Join judgment? Why did she ask me to do that? Stupid luck." I thought. "Yo Kamijou!" Someone said, as I saw Ms. Yomikawa. "And my luck got worse." I thought. "No response?" She asked. "Please forgive me Ms. Yomikawa! Mr. Kamijou has to get to class and he cannot risk being late. I'll be sure to talk with you after school." I said. "It'll only be for a quick second. Besides, Komoe will definitely understand." Ms. Yomikawa said, as I sighed. "Ok, what is it?" I asked. "Well, have you decided on Touka's request yet?" She asked. "Request?" I asked, then I realized what she was talking about. "Oh, not yet." I replied. "Well, Touka will need an answer soon. Actually, we'll finish this discussion after school." Ms. Yomikawa said, as she left. "She can be really weird." I thought.

***

"Alright! That concludes our lesson for today! Have a great evening everyone!" Ms. Komoe said, as everyone got up and left. "Finally! Freedom." I thought. "Kamijou, there is something I need to tell you." She said. "Let me guess, Ms. Yomikawa wants to speak with me?" I asked. "Yes, how did you know?" Ms. Komoe replied. "She spoke with me on my way here and decided to finish our conversation after school." I replied. "Well, you should head there then." She said. "Alright then." I said, as I left her classroom then I felt stares behind me. "Here we go." I thought. "Kami, you have some explaining to do." Tsuchimikado said. "Well, I like to chat but I gotta go! Later!" I said, as I ran off.

Yomikawa's POV:

"Hmm, where is he?" I thought, then I heard the doors open and I saw him. "Ah! There you are!" I said, as Kamijou walked in. "So shall we finish our conversation?" I asked. "We didn't talk about anything that much." Kamijou replied. "Well if it's about my decision then-" He said. "Save the answer for later. There's something I want to discuss first." I said, as he sat down. "What is Imagine Breaker?" I asked. "Uh, shouldn't you ask the White Tigress?" Kamijou asked. "I did but Touka was adamant about not telling in further detail. I did ask Komoe but I felt like there was more about it." I replied. "I want to get to know my colleagues when I work with them. That builds connections." I added. "Colleague?" Kamijou asked. "Well, possible colleague depending on your answer for Touka." I said.