Forever Together

This shot is inspired by the scene I have put above. It literally broke my heart to see a child fearing to be left alone without her parents. And the acting here was heart-touching too. Hence, I gave expanded this one shot from that scene only. Hope you all like it!! Happy Reading!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Little Pihu held Meera Ma's hand as she walked up to her room to get ready for Sid and Avni's marriage. She was still a little fearful of the terrifying thought she had of both her parents leaving her alone forever. Even though she had her back to them, she was aware of their gaze on her. So, she immediately turned back, left Meera Ma's hold, and darted towards her parents. She hugged them both tightly as they placed a kiss on either side of her cheeks. She gave them a smile and looked minutely at her father's handsome face, his mesmerizing eyes which always held love for her, his evergreen smile, and the dimples hidden due to his beard. Her mother was no less. With an unusual pregnancy glow and motherly warmth, Pihu always felt secure. 

She knew these two had the whole of her heart and as selfish as it might have sounded to others, at that moment, she didn't want to give that place to even her little unborn sister, Prachi. 

And so, she had felt her world shatter as she could see her nightmare manifest into reality when Brinda had tightly held her hand while taking her to the hospital. She didn't leave Brinda's hand as they sat in the waiting area of the hospital. Her papa had asthma issues and her mumma had a complicated pregnancy. Were they really going to leave her forever and would they take her little Prachi with them too? 

She remembered asking Brinda, "Bri, mumma papa mujhko akela chodke nahi jaayenge na? Papa had promised me that he will always stay with me. And papa never breaks his promises, hain na?"

Brinda had held her in a tight embrace because she didn't know what to answer the small child who had already gone through so much.

Hours of waiting and Pihu silent yet frantic prayers finally culminated when she.....

"Noooo" Pihu screamed as she flew her eyes wide open. She looked around and she was in a tent in Shimla. The violent nightmare had seeped everything out of her. But her parents, they were nowhere. She realized she had jolted up before she could experience anything bad. The sight of her parents lying silent on the hospital bed with no Prachi by their side haunted her till now.

When she didn't see Ram and Priya, she began crying out loud attracting the attention of the summer camp officials. They rushed to her tent to see her wail loudly calling out to her parents.

Mrs. Acharya, a middle aged matron in the camp understood that little Pihu wasn't just crying because she missed her parents but it was something more than that. So she slowly went to Pihu and held her in her lap.

"Pihu beta, kya hua? Mumma papa ki bahot yaad aa rahi hai?" Mrs. Acharya asked wiping the little girl's tears but they were uncontrollable. As soon as she wiped, new tears escaped.

"Please call him. I want to go with him. Abhi" She cried stubbornly and Mrs. Acharya beckoned her junior, Abhishek to give a call to Kapoor mansion seeing how fearful and pale Pihu looked. She desperately needed someone from the family to console her.

"Meine call kar diya hai ma'am. He is on the way" Abhishek answered and Mrs. Acharya sent everyone out and herself sat by Pihu cradling her body in her arms.

Her heart pained seeing the little girl cry so much. She was just muttering her parents name and when Mrs. Acharya could take no more, she made Pihu face her and wiped her face yet again.

"Baby, everything will be fine. Aap please rona band karo. I am there with you. Why don't you try to sleep a bit? If you want, I will also tell you a story"